Summer Associate 2016, San Francisco, CA
- I-DEV INTERNATIONAL
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Martin Omondi
Summer Associates in I-DEV’s office in San Francisco will have a unique opportunity to work directly with I-DEV’s senior management. In 2016, I-DEV is looking to fill two associate positions:
• Thought Leadership & Communications (TL&C) Associate: This Summer Associate will focus on building I-DEV’s brand and expertise in priority sectors, including clean technology, sustainable agriculture, mobile technology and apparel in emerging markets. Role includes building relationships with media partners, and providing recommendations on short and medium-term strategic objectives, as well as regular coordination with Africa and LatAm teams to build content including industry briefs on sector trends, and further developing I-DEV’s global communications strategy and processes.
• Corporate Partnerships Associate: This Summer Associate will support I-DEV to develop and implement partnership relationships with companies, particularly in Silicon Valley and in core priority sectors, including clean technology, sustainable agriculture, mobile technology and apparel. Relationship development will focus on identifying company needs and interests in emerging markets, and with impact-related programs. This role will include supporting I-DEV to develop unique content for the Social Capital Markets (SOCAP) Conference in September/October 2016, and other related events, and providing short and medium-term recommendations on corporate partnership strategic priorities. This Summer Associate will also receive a free pass to SOCAP, based on successful management of conference event planning.
BOTH Summer Associates may also be asked to support local teams in Africa and Latin America on Insight & Strategy Group and Financial Advisory Group projects and proposals. Examples of previous work out of the San Francisco office include:
• Developing and coordinating panels and workshops at the Corporate Impact Initiative at SOCAP
• Developing a partnership around SME lending with Kiva
• Capital raise pitch decks and investor meetings
• Building new client relationships and strategic partnerships with global corporations including GAP, Levis, Google, Salesforce and others
• Participating in incubator/accelerator events to advise social enterprises on operational and financial strategy
Summer Associates may also have opportunities to travel for relevant business development initiatives, projects and client meetings.
Successful candidates will have:
• An MBA or similar Masters degree
• Significant prior working experience in strategy/consulting, marketing, corporate social responsibility and/or corporate operations
• Strong understanding of business in emerging markets, corporate supply chains, international development and social enterprise, a plus
• Previous experience in corporate expansion into emerging markets or lean communications strategy, a plus
The interview process will test candidates on critical thinking, out-of-the-box thinking, business skills, and general fit with I-DEV’s culture and philosophy of creating long-term socio-economic and environmental impact through strategic partnership development and cross-sector collaborations. All candidates should be self-starters who are comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be independent, out-of-the-box thinkers who are also comfortable representing I-DEV International and its mission in a professional setting (as there will be significant client exposure).
The Summer Associate position is unpaid, however, most graduate schools have funding programs for summer positions at socially responsible entities. I-DEV is happy to provide documentation to universities that offer financial support as needed. All work-related travel expenses will be covered by I-DEV.
Send a cover letter and resume with Subject Title “Summer Associate 2016 (San Francisco)” to email@example.com specifying your interest in the TL&C (Thought Leadership & Communications) or Corporate Partnerships role(s).