Summer Associate 2016
- Quona Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HR@quona.com
We are currently recruiting 2-3 Summer Associates who will be based in Washington, DC. The role is highly entrepreneurial, spanning emerging market venture investing and management consulting, with a focus on cutting-edge innovation in financial services. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on live deals or provide post-investment support to a portfolio company and will work with the team to define meaningful projects and deliverables (e.g., sector report, market overview, portfolio support) to complete during the internship period. The minimum length of the program is 10 weeks, with a target start date of 30th May, 2015. Stipends may be available in some cases.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
– Deal screening and investments: Support team on the identification and assessment of new investment opportunities, including completing prescreens on companies, conducting background research, performing financial and strategy analysis and collecting/analyzing diligence documents.
– Portfolio support: Provide in-depth strategic and analytical support to investee enterprises.
– Fund operations and strategy: Proactively develop knowledge resources and thought leadership, including preparing investment updates, identifying best practices across the portfolio and documenting learnings to be shared within Quona and externally.
– Currently enrolled in an MBA program or similar advanced degree program (e.g. public policy, international development, international relations).
– Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty.
– Strong research and analysis skills, including financial and strategy analytics.
– Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to earn respect of colleagues, investors and enterprises. Existing network within emerging markets, venture investing and/or financial inclusion a plus.
– Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills, and comfortable moving seamlessly between boardroom and field.
– Domain expertise in financial services and/or financial inclusion, particularly financial technology, payment systems and/or innovative delivery models.
– Experience working in or with startups or growth-stage enterprises in emerging markets.
– Relevant experience in financial services, management consulting and/or VC/PE investing.
– Language skills beyond English.
Job Contact Information: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HR@quona.com
Quona Capital is a venture capital firm focused on financial technology for the unbanked. We back innovators enhancing the quality and availability of financial products and services for underserved consumers and enterprises through business model innovation, technology utilization and a passion for making a positive change in the world. Quona is the investment manager of the recently launched the Accion Frontier Inclusion Fund (AFIF) and its predecessor fund, Frontier Investments. In addition to Accion, AFIF’s investors include global insurance companies, major investment banks, pension funds, university endowments, a global payments company and leading family offices. Our name connects the markets we serve, just as Quona strives to connect financial services and technology, money and meaning, expertise and empathy. Quona brings together a diverse team of investment professionals with deep experience in financial services, technology and entrepreneurship. Our team has lived, worked and built companies in both the emerging markets we serve and the developed economies we seek to connect. Quona is focused on specific markets in Latin America, Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa and leverages a strategic relationship with Accion International, a global leader in financial inclusion. For further information, visit www.quona.com