- Yunus Social Business
- Bangalore, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
YSB Fund Bengaluru is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Summer Associate to aid the operations of the Fund. You will be reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager of the Fund.
You will have an exciting set of responsibilities, including the following:
• Carrying out due diligence processes for social businesses in YSB Fund Bengaluru’s pipeline including validation of the business and financial model, determination of financing structure (equity and debt).
• Prepare, present and maintain detailed and compelling investment documentation for the Investment Committee.
• Ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is performed by the social businesses in the portfolio, ensuring due escalation of any issues (lack of reporting, underperformance, mission drift).
• Continuously improving on the portfolio management processes, including reporting and tracking tools to monitor and evaluate the social and financial impact, as well as the processes that ensure that adequate resources are matched to the needs of the entrepreneurs.
• Any other activities dealing with the day-to-day or long-term business continuity and serving the purpose of advancing YSB Fund Bengaluru.
• Minimum 5 years of principal investing experience or management consulting experience
• Strong financial modelling and business analysis skills, as demonstrated by prior experience
• Ability to work in India
• Fluency in English
• Undergraduate in Finance / Accounting / Commerce
• Master’s Degree preferred
• CFA Institute Qualification (Levels I, II, III) preferred
In addition to the qualifications, we’re looking for someone with following traits:
• Understanding of early stage business, through operational and management support to companies is a plus, particularly in the social impact space
• Solid problem solving and project management skills, including the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
• Numeracy, critical thinking, evidence-based analysis, efficiency and thoroughness, demonstrated by excellent academic qualifications
• Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
• Self-starter, positive approach with excellent communication and written skills
• Willingness to travel to rural areas in India