Supply Chain Director
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
We are looking for a smart and structured project manager to lead the Inputs Team, which is responsible for sourcing all fertilizer, seed, solar lights, and other high value items for the entire organization. Your work will directly touch the lives of 200,000+ farmers across East Africa as you will be bringing them the newest, most cutting edge agricultural products. You will be managing a growing team of 7-10 people and purchasing 20,000+ metric tons of fertilizer, and 1,500+ metric tons of seed, our largest purchases as an organization, with a budget of $15 million+ annually. You will work directly with the top management of leading fertilizer and seed companies in East Africa and globally. Your work will have an immense impact on the organization’s financial sustainability and growth potential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and leading a multi-cultural team located across several countries. You will directly manage 3-5 product team leads. Each product lead oversees operations across Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, and other countries in the region.
- Setting team strategy for short and long term.
- Forecasting future staff needs and hiring to fill those roles. One Acre Fund is growing at 30-50% per year and the Inputs Team will also grow quickly to make sure we can support this phenomenal organizational growth.
- Reviewing and improving team processes and systems to make the team more efficient and effective.
- Working with leadership in each country of operation to forecast demand for seed, fertilizer, and other inputs.
- Analyzing our current sourcing strategies to identify opportunities to cut down costs, then implementing these strategies. Incorporating best practices from other organizations in the public and private sector.
- Identifying and developing strategic partnerships with suppliers that will improve service and cut costs substantially.
- Overseeing multiple complex procurement projects simultaneously.
- Representing One Acre Fund and our 200,000+ farmers at industry events and conferences.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one–on–one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high–level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions and countries. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We seek exceptional professionals with a passion for supply chains and great relationship management skills. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment. Experience in financial markets, supply chain management, commodities purchasing, agriculture, and similar areas;
- Ideally, you have led or have experience working on a high preforming procurement team;
- Experience managing a team, hiring and developing new staff;
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work;
- Experience working on strategy development for a team or organization;
- Experience managing relationships as part of your previous role;
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills;
- Strong excel and data analysis skills;
- Experience working internationally preferred;
- Ability to analyze complex problems and make data driven decisions quickly;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; excellent writing skills.
- Language: English required; Swahili and/or French would be very nice to have
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health cover, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Complete this form. You will be prompted to submit your CV and cover letter. You may also be asked to submit work samples for some positions. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs), please submit a copy of your Description of Service (DOS) in the appropriate section.
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.