Sustainability Finance Analyst
- Barry Callebaut
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Barry Callebaut is the heart and engine of the cocoa and chocolate industry. We are looking for Sustainability Finance Analyst in Switzerland (CH) for Zurich (CHWP). Our broad range of products and services span all aspects from cocoa sourcing to fine chocolate products, which are loved by people of all ages worldwide. We are passionate about our business and work hard every day to ensure that there is enough chocolate in the world. Nothing is more important to our success than the combined expertise of more than 11\’000 Barry Callebaut employees around the world. Our international focus in the fascinating world of cocoa-growing and chocolate are the colorful backdrop for our many functions across a wide range of disciplines. In addition to sharing a passion for chocolate, Barry Callebaut employees live our other corporate values every day – customer focus, entrepreneurship, integrity and team spirit. We are committed to making sure that they have the right skills, know-how and deep understanding of our customers and their needs. Engaging and developing our employees is the key to our success. Because our business focus is so broad, the scope of career opportunities within Barry Callebaut can cover many functional areas.
To support the Global Sustainability Team, we are looking for Sustainability Finance Analyst.
In this challenging role, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of cocoa and chocolate by shouldering the following responsibilities:
– Lead key Forever Chocolate finance projects such as cost analysis of future Cocoa Horizons activities, analysing pilot business models, establishing new partnerships (financial and reporting impact assessments), internal audit follow-ups, cross-country cost analyses, etc.
– Technical financial input (especially financial modeling) to support financial/donor structures around farm services
– Support annual budget exercise and mid-year course corrections based on solid actuals+re-forecasting
– Harmonize global sustainability financial flows across regions
– Operationalize quarterly carbon reporting across the company. Establish and strengthen underlying data flows. Act as internal owner of evolving carbon footprinting methodology.
– Upgrade cocoa and non-cocoa volume reporting from manual to automatic systems
– Develop financial reporting for other sustainable ingredients (non-cocoa)
– Develop concepts and systems for sizing, segementing, and analying sustainable chocolate markets and sales performance
– Orchestrate annual statutory closing, audit and quarterly management reporting for the Cocoa Horizons Foundation
– Govern SAP allocation cycles and contribute to Barry Callebaut\’s project for Finance Operational eXcellence (FOX)
– Perform administrative financial tasks for the global sustainability team (invoice coding, new vendor creation, trouble-shooting, etc.)
– 7+ years work experience in financial planning & analysis, controlling, accounting, corporate finance or management consulting (with a finance bent)
– Ideally Masters Degree or higher in fields such as: Finance, Business, Economics, Sustainability
– Professional certifications such as CFA, CMA, CPA are a plus
– Excel mastery is a must; familiarity with SAP is a plus
– Able to act as a finance business partner to senior management and guide correct action based on facts and figures
– Solid base of accounting knowledge
– Excellent financial modeling skills
– Strong presentation and communication skills
– Strong project management skills, self-starter
– Familiarity with commodity sourcing, supply chain management, or the cocoa and chocolate industry is a plus
– Familiarity with sustainability agricultural challenges in smallholder crops challenges is a plus
– Able to \”make it happen\”: Bringing a new concept to life as a practical business process
– Willingness to travel (0-25%)
Our strength comes from the passion and expertise of our people. As we strive to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills on an ongoing basis, it is our goal to encourage entrepreneurship and creativity. Apply for one of our interesting positions today and start a great career in the world of cocoa and chocolate.