Sustainable Energy Finance Intern
- DC Sustainable Energy Utility
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV (maximum 2-pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1-page), one writing sample (individual effort) in the realm of finance and/org energy and sample financial model spreadsheet (optional but highly recommended).
Sustainable energy finance intern
Division: DC SEU
Location: District of Columbia
Department: Financing Leveraging
Reports to: Financing Strategies Director
The Sustainable Energy Finance Intern will play a hands-role in assisting the Financing Strategies Director in strategic planning and execution of various tasks which include (a) research & analysis (b) financial modeling & due diligence for investment transactions (c) content design for finance training for operations staff (d) brainstorming and business case preparation for strategic partnerships.
· Assist Financing Strategies Team in research activities related to transactions, financing structures, best practices & case studies in sustainable energy financing.
· Assist Financing Strategies Director in financial analysis and modeling for various transactions
· Assist in organization of Sustainable Energy Finance Forum for DCSEU
· Design & develop content related to sustainable energy financing for corporate website & other marketing collateral
Knowledge and Experience:
· Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
· Master’s degree with focus on finance or business (or a similar Bachelor degree with relevant work experience)
· Demonstrated interest in sustainability
· Excellent analytical & writing skills
· High-level proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Work experience in finance or business development preferred but not required
· Ability to work independently & keep deadlines
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – No travel is required.
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed materials and computer screen.
Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and changing priorities may cause increased stress levels. Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing of approximately 40 pounds such as files, documents, and computer equipment and materials. Work normally requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate computer keyboards at a moderate skill level. Repetitive motion injuries may occur. Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.