- Susannah Eastham
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
- Apply here: https://aspeninstitute.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=479797&&&nohd#job
You are a tech guru who thinks a lot about developing economies and changing the world. When your friends or family have technology question, you are their genius bar. You love figuring out how things work and then helping others learn, too. If a sync fails, an error pops up or a program crashes, you are more curious than annoyed. Not only can you spend hours tinkering with tech, but also, you like trouble-shooting for good. If there was a “Tech Support Without Borders”, you’d be first on the plane. You love the idea that your computer skills could contribute to a better livelihood for an entrepreneur in a developing country. UX, SQL and ITC4D are more than just acronyms to you. They are your passions.
– Day to day work is about one third trouble shooting, one third system and data maintenance and one third proactive development to improve systems for team needs.
– Develop staff training and perform proactive improvements for all current systems in use: Salesforce CRM database, website, interactive community portal (YourMembership), webinar software (GotoWebinar and GotoMeeting), survey tools (Survey Monkey and Clicktools), file sharing library (Office 365) and email marking platform (iContact), Salesforce Add-Ins like Conga Composer.
– Responsible for vendor and consultant relationships as they relate to systems.
– The Aspen Institute has an IT Department to focus on hardware, this position will focus on the use of all technology platforms used by the ANDE staff and our members.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this role is described as:
– Patient, kind, proactive and excited about learning new technology skills and helping others to master their own technology skills.
– Passionate about clean data and user friendly and efficient systems as they are about entrepreneurial ecosystem in developing countries to alleviate poverty.
– Holds a deep understanding of Salesforce and is familiar with basic principles of relational database design and management and API development.
– Prefer a candidate with experience with survey tools, website maintenance and development, can write SQL or SOQL.
– User experience oriented whether it’s designing a training, building a database or improving the website.
– When presented with a challenge, he or she would not say “that can’t be done”, but explain why it might be difficult or suggest an alternate method to reach the same goal.
– Has 3 -5 years experience working in a similar role
Applicants should provide the last three years of salary history in their cover letter.