Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Mendez England and Associates
- Washington, DC
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Mendez England and Associates (ME&A) is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to spearhead recruitment efforts for our USAID Feed the Future Global Program Evaluation for Effectiveness and Learning (PEEL) Task order.
Roles and Responsibilities
Based at the ME&A’s DC downtown office, you will own responsibility for recruiting a wide variety of essential short-term positions across the PEEL Task Order. You will liaise closely with the PEEL Core team, familiar with the qualifications of the positions, and source the best candidates in the market. As a core member of the team, you will:
- Take direct ownership for hiring a number of subject matter experts by creating standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates and ensure compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications including daily rates, salary verifications, and education verification.
- Recruit consultants using a range of channels and a variety of conventional and social media strategies.
- Suggest ways to improve our recruitment efforts by creating, enhancing, and updating ME&A’s internal recruitment database and online mailing list.
- Work closely with senior team members to write job descriptions for available positions.
- Conduct and schedule interviews and follow up on references of selected candidates.
- Ensure all necessary staffing documentation is obtained and retained.
- Collaborate with the Senior Communications Specialist on developing creative CV write-ups that strongly address qualifications required for specified roles.
- Maintain communication with candidates to keep them updated through the hiring process.
- Research and recommend new sources for hiring personnel to enhance recruiting practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant degree with previous recruiting experience.
- Highly proficient in all aspects of full-cycle recruiting.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams, and develop lasting relationships with candidates.
- Capacity to work independently and efficiently under limited supervision.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills in English required.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience recruiting for Monitoring and Evaluation positions.
- Experience with or deep interest in international development.
- Fluency in other languages.
- Recruiting for USAID projects.
Above all, you must have a strong passion for advancing human capital.
If interested, please send Resume/CV and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Talent Acquisition Specialist” in the subject heading. Please include availability since this is an already funded position. Deadline for applications is September 23, 2016, however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline. Only finalists will be contacted. ME&A is an equal opportunity employer.
About MEA&A PEEL Task Order Project
Mendez England & Associates (ME&A) recently won the Feed the Future Global Program Evaluation for Effectiveness and Learning (PEEL) Task Order awarded under the USAID Evaluation IDIQ Contract. Within the scope of the project, ME&A is expected to conduct 58 performance evaluations, 12 population-based surveys (PBS), and 4 impact evaluations within the five-year time-frame. The goal of the project is to conduct evaluations and surveys to assess the implementation and effectiveness to date of the Feed the Future initiative. The evaluations and surveys will help USAID to determine whether activities are achieving targeted outcomes, what beneficiary perceptions of the program are, what impacts are being created, and whether the approaches are cost-effective and measurable. The PEEL Task Order has a core team who will be supported by consultants who will conduct the evaluations and surveys.