- Purchase, NY
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Performance with Purpose (PwP) is PepsiCo’s sustainability vision focused on transforming our product portfolio to include more nutritious food and beverage options; protecting our planet and improving the way food is made by conserving water, shrinking our environmental footprint and promoting sustainable agriculture; and enriching the lives of people around the world through investments in skills training, community development and other important social programs.
PwP is at the heart of how PepsiCo does business and is central to the company’s strategy for delivering sustainable long-term growth. The charge of the Sustainability Communications team is to clearly and continuously communicate the overarching vision of PwP, showing the integration with our business and how it drives shareholder and stakeholder value.
Specifically, the Senior Manager, Strategic Communications will amplify progress and results on our PwP sustainability journey through:
- 360° sustainability communications plans integrated across internal, digital, social, media, convening (conference), influencer, stakeholder and reporting channels
- Materials tailored to engage key audiences: employees, recruits, sustainability influencers and media, and conscious consumers.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Creation of proactive communications plans to amplify key sustainability themes: agriculture, water, positive nutrition, sugar/salt/fat reduction, etc.
- Development and curation of channel-appropriate content including but not limited to videos, infographics, blog posts, talking points, speeches, articles, white papers, still photography and media pitches/features.
- Identification of target convenings for PepsiCo to tell our sustainability stories (physical/digital, owned/sponsored/participant). Design and negotiate PepsiCo’s presence in ways that reframe who PepsiCo is and convey the meaning of PwP. Successfully implement PepsiCo’s plans.
- Continuous measurement, analytics and benchmarking to assess PepsiCo’s impact and tailor go forward strategy, finding opportunities to establish PepsiCo’s differentiated leadership position.
- Effective relationship management with global network of PwP communicators to effectively coordinate global/local efforts.
- Development of functional relationships with global sustainability leaders and subject matter experts to mine compelling data, support, results and stories.
- Engagement with external partners and PepsiCo leadership to advocate PwP internally and externally.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Self-starter with strong project management skills, client service mindset and keen attention to detail
- Possess a passion for and knowledge of sustainability and social developmental issue(s)
- Strong communications background including top-tier media pitching experience and editorial writing capability
- Understanding and creative interest in digital and/or multimedia communications (info graphic, video, photography, etc.)
- Expertise in mobile, digital and social media trends
Experience with corporate foundation/citizenship communications
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to drive actionable communications strategies
- Knowledge of large-scale corporate event planning and execution
- Consistently display strong critical thinking skills to help develop innovative engagement tactics
- Agility and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment
- 10+ years of experience, international experience preferred
- Bachelors’ degree required
Please apply to www.pepsico.com. Job # 99640