Talent (HR) Associate
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please submit a resume and responses to the following questions here: http://bit.ly/1hZQt9o1. Please explain the steps of a data analysis project that you worked on recently; what question or set of questions were you tasked with answering, and what result or solution did your analysis yield? (MAX 200 words.)2. Human resources systems management is work that needs to be done at a wide variety of companies and organizations. Why do you want to do this work for Acumen? (MAX 150 words.)
TALENT (HR) ASSOCIATE
Acumen is looking for a new member to join our three-person Talent team. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for someone with less than three years of work experience who wants to build a career in Human Resources; someone with exceptional organizational, execution and analytical skills, proven commitment to the social sector, intellectual curiosity and passion to help others achieve success.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We were one of the early pioneers that created the field of impact investing. Our companies have improved the lives of hundreds of millions of poor people by providing them high-quality, affordable water, sanitation, healthcare, housing, energy, agriculture and education. We offer leadership programs that bring together the world’s best talent to focus their skills, capacity and moral imagination to solve the world’s toughest problems of poverty. And we invest in the spread of ideas to share what we are learning, in order change the way the world tackles poverty.
We see each investment as a provocation, a chance to support entrepreneurs who dare to build solutions where markets have failed and traditional aid has fallen short.
Who You Are
You are hardworking, smart, and energetic. You are passionate about tackling poverty with new models and believe that leadership has to be part of the solution. You are excited to join a global team of colleagues committed to Acumen’s mission, and are excited about finding ways to maximize the potential of our team.
You are a natural culture carrier and the kind of person who will build strong relationships across all levels of the organization and find creative solutions to mundane challenges. You have an inherently analytical approach to solving problems, always looking for process improvements and efficiencies, as you balance multiple priorities in this role. You are intellectually eager to learn more about a diverse range of issues from benefits in the United States, to immigration in Kenya, to employee development in Pakistan, to compensation and cost of living factors in India to recruiting solutions in Colombia. You thrive in a fast-paced global environment, are proactive and execution-oriented, have a strong attention to detail, are committed to providing exceptional support to our internal team who demand excellence and are passionate about leadership development and Acumen’s mission.
The Talent Associate will support the Sr. Talent Associate and Director of Talent in running our human resource function. The Talent Associate is responsible for managing and making improvements upon the systems and processes across the full employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding, to performance management tools and compensation and promotion processes. S/he is an analytical problem-solver who will collect, analyze and report on Talent-related metrics that drive strategic decision-making across the organization.
The individual in this role must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment, executing quickly on a range of transactional responsibilities, as well as thinking critically to add value and solve problems.
More specifically, you will:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Serve as primary point of contact/spokesperson for Acumen’s extensive recruitment efforts
· Manage Acumen’s recruitment in a way that represents us positively to the external community
· Support our hiring managers globally to adopt recruiting best practices which allow us to identify and select new team members who will excel at Acumen; this includes responsibility for entire recruitment cycle from job posting to candidate screening and interviews, through to offer letter generation and onboarding
· Manage integration of new team members through Global Onboarding sessions and other approaches, working closely with the Sr. Talent Associate
· Manage Acumen’s Summer Associate Program globally, including recruitment, onboarding, reporting
· Serve as Lead on Applicant Tracking System, including new user training for global Talent contacts
· Develop and deliver recruiting metrics and reporting to manage employment activity of new hires, interns, volunteers and consultants; to inform management decisions
Compensation/Benefits, Immigration and HR Policy/Vendor Management
· Work closely with the Director of Talent to lead annual year-end compensation process, resulting in salary adjustments and bonuses, requiring advanced skills in Excel and data management
· Conduct compensation reviews and analysis relating to new hires, global transfers and promotions
· Update employee handbook to ensure its relevance across our global offices
· Serve as the primary contact for and liaison between US employees and our outsourced payroll and HR administrative services provider (PEO), enrolling employees in the PEO system and educating employees on benefits, such as health insurance, life and disability insurance and 401(k)
· Manage vendor relationships with benefits and HR systems providers, staffing agencies, and other third parties essential to the Acumen Talent function
· Partner with our internal and external legal counsel on employee matters, such as immigration and visas, and serving as lead to internal managers and employees through that process
· Coordinate closely with the Finance team to ensure accurate payroll processing
Performance Management & Global Talent Management
· Serve as technical guide for Performance Management, including management and deployment of online portal, relationship with external service provider, and end-user training
· Ensure completion of various Performance Management processes, by reporting and following up
· Manage and enhance full employee lifecycle from onboarding new hires, transferring employees globally, employee recognition and promotion processes, and off-boarding terminated employees
HR Systems and Reporting
· Manage accuracy of data across a range of disconnected systems, including Excel; become the in-house expert on said systems through pro-active self-study
· Report critical Talent metrics related to staffing levels, recruitment and performance management, integrating data cohesively and analyzing information to convey salient points to management
· Lead ad hoc projects related to improving current HR processes and systems
· Process Talent expenses and invoices
Qualifications & Characteristics
· HR or generalist professional with 1-2 years of related experience, ideally having worked in a fast-paced, growing organization
· Strong technical skills, particularly in Excel, are required; PowerPoint skills a plus
· Aptitude for and comfort navigating and maximizing efficiency of various platforms and systems
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to deliver projects and achieve targets independently, proactively and within timelines is essential
· Commitment to accuracy and ability to present data and information in a way that “tells a story”
· Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
· Passion and relevant experience driving small change initiatives across a complex organization
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including comfort level in presenting to a variety of groups
· Capacity to manage confidential information with discretion
· Bachelor's Degree is required
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Additional characteristics we’re looking for in all roles at Acumen:
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, the organization’s mission and business model, and respect for our core values: generosity, accountability, humility, audacity, listening, leadership, integrity, respect
- Moral Imagination: The humility to see the world as it is, and the audacity to imagine the world as it could be. It also includes but is not limited to the following:
- Displaying high level of empathy in all relationships and encounters
- Possessing deep self-awareness and ability to identify own strengths and weaknesses
- Actively listening and focusing on hearing what others are saying
- Good understanding of financial concepts and our investing model
- Solid operational skills including problem solving and project management skills, including ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Effectively collaborates with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills and ability to be a “storyteller” of our work
- Ability to thrive when there is ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve
- Curious – always questioning, always probing, and never blindly accepting
- A sense of humor (really)
Acumen offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including full benefits and a 401(k).
New York, NY
Please submit a resume and responses to the following questions here: http://bit.ly/1hZQt9o
1. Please explain the steps of a data analysis project that you worked on recently; what question or set of questions were you tasked with answering, and what result or solution did your analysis yield? (MAX 200 words.)
2. Human resources systems management is work that needs to be done at a wide variety of companies and organizations. Why do you want to do this work for Acumen? (MAX 150 words.)
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for this position is Tuesday, September 15, 2015.