- LGT Venture Philanthropy
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Position: Investment Associate
Location: Bogota, Colombia
LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP) is seeking an Investment Associate to strengthen its Latin America team. An ideal candidate would have experience in direct investments or potentially, business management consulting. The position allows the candidate to apply his/her skills in making a significant improvement in the lives of less advantaged people by investing in and building companies that deliver critical goods and services. S/he will work alongside the local Investment Manager in Bogota (Colombia), along with other members of the global LGT VP team. This role is well suited for professionals with a blend of investment, consulting and entrepreneurship experience who are looking to pivot to a career with a strong sense of social and environmental purpose.
LGT VP Overview
Established in 2007, LGT Venture Philanthropy (LGT VP, www.lgtvp.com) is a global impact investor supporting organizations with outstanding social and environmental impact. LGT VP’s local teams in six world regions are committed to improving the quality of life of less advantaged people in developing and emerging countries. It focuses on education, health and sanitation, agriculture and forestry, renewable energy, and information & communications technologies. LGT VP provides grants, debt and equity, transfer of business and management know-how, and access to relevant networks. To date, it has invested and donated more than US$55 million into 50 organizations that have improved the lives of over five million people. In 2014, LGT VP received the Sustainable Investment Award in the category «Best Social Impact Investor».
Personal and professional development opportunities
• Entrepreneurial work environment with lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth
• Side-by-side work with in-country Investment Manager and the global team to learn and conduct LGT VP’s portfolio management, impact measurement and due diligence practices.
• Opportunity to develop career through greater track record in the social entrepreneurship and impact investing space
• Exposure to a network of social innovators around the globe (including investors, entrepreneurs, foundations, technical assistance professionals, and development organizations)
• Supporting the team in developing local pipeline of investment opportunities
• Analyzing investment opportunities against LGT VP criteria and provide opinion to the regional team
• Developing robust financial models for active investment opportunities and developing relevant scenarios to reflect potential uncertainties in business assumptions
• Developing impact theory of change models as well as design and evaluate key metrics to manage social performance
• Analyzing Company\’s financial statements with a view of assessing historical performance and key business drivers and testing assumptions of projected financial statements
• Conducting industry and market research on various sector interests of LGT VP
• Preparing documentation for LGT VP Investment Committee and Board internal decision processes
• Participating in investment / deal structuring and negotiations
• Working closely with portfolio companies on operational, marketing and sales strategies.
• Preparing of quarterly performance and valuation reports of investee companies
• Continuous assessment of financial statements of investee companies and updating team on ongoing developments
Skills / Characteristics
• Good understanding of challenges and trends in low/middle income country development
• Internalized the urgent need for more responsible ways of living and doing business
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and unforeseeable risks caused by an often unpredictable context
• Self-starter, keen to work independently with limited supervision
• Strong research and writing skills and excellent analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative
• Critical thinker with ability to challenge the status quo
• Comfortable with building and assessing financial models
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; with an ability to formulate and present analysis and arguments in a clear, crisp and concise manner
• Fluency in English and Spanish
Education and experience
• Bachelor\’s degree in a relevant area; MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field preferred.
• At least 3-5 years of business consulting or investment experience in investment banking, corporate finance, private equity or strategic consulting firms having performed financial and operational due-diligence
• Entrepreneurship experience a plus
• Direct experience working in Colombia
How to apply: If you are interested in working with us, please email a one page cover letter along with your CV and two reference contacts to Graham Day at email@example.com.