Talent Manager – Emerging Markets Portfolio
- Village Capital
- Contact Information
Are you passionate about creating and delivering a new approach to talent? Are you interested in working with one of the premier incubators for emerging social enterprises across the globe?
Village Capital is on a mission to change the status quo, reinventing venture capital by sourcing, training, and investing in entrepreneurs solving challenges critical to the future of society. We build communities around entrepreneurs ensuring business success. Our core innovation—a peer-selected investment model—delivers better results for both entrepreneurs and investors.
Village Capital has built up an extensive pool of portfolio companies that require a range of services to help de-risk the process of achieving scale. Human capital is the most critical and ubiquitous challenge.
To address this, the team is now hiring a dedicated Talent Manager to support Villcap portfolio companies (and potentially other organisations that are clients of the firm, and beyond) and help create a marketplace for HR-related support services. This role is critical to help Villcap maintain and build on its position as a premier incubator providing more than money to its cohort organisations and the wider sector.
Does this sound like you?
1. A self-starter super-star
- You know how to get work done even when time and resources are tight.
- You can take a vision, an idea and make it into something great – this excites you.
- Self-motivation is easy as pie for you.
2. You’ve done it yourself
- You’ve built, managed and developed teams.
- You’ve worked in emerging markets and you love it.
- You’ve lived and breathed the start-up world and can connect on a personal level with organisations.
3. A phenomenal communicator?
- You produce only the best written work – you’re a consummate perfectionist with a constant eye on detail. Spelling and grammar mistakes just don’t happen when you’re in town.
- You know how to bring people along with your vision. You quickly build trust, respect, and rapport with everyone you meet.
- You’re as happy talking to one person as you are running a training or presenting in front of hundreds.
4. Passionate about talent?
- You may not have worked directly in talent but you’re fascinated by and focused on the best techniques and tools to get the best out of people.
The Talent Manager will report to Village Capital’s Director of Operations and interface closely with the Executive Director and Senior Advisor for Curriculum and Instruction. The position will be a fixed-duration consulting contract.
<strong>Responsibilities will include:</strong>
- Manage the development of an online talent marketplace for SGBs to be used by entrepreneurs in emerging markets Promote and market online talent marketplace to entrepreneurs and job seekers
- Develop curriculum focused on human capital management, including presentation decks, exercise toolkits, and facilitator guides for each module. Modules should address the following subjects: Human capital needs identification, Recruitment and selection strategies, Onboarding new employees , Performance management , Benefits and compliance
- Test new modules in Village Capital workshops, delivering instruction and coaching to entrepreneurs based on new curriculum developed
- Author a Talent Guide to be published by Village Capital that presents human capital best practices and serves as a manual for entrepreneurs operating in emerging markets
- Train Village Capital Regional Managers in facilitating new curriculum modules
- Serve as ongoing advisor and coach to Village Capital entrepreneurs through duration of contract.