Talent Strategy Fellow
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, fellowship
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, visit our career portal.
- Where to Apply
Are you seeking a career with impact?
Join the team that is transforming businesses in Central America.
We are a platform that designs, proposes and activates routes of innovation to achieve sustainable, inclusive and profound change. We seek systemic impact, building from the details up.
At Alterna, we believe in a world in which the ability to transform reality can arise from any context; therefore, we activate transformative businesses from the ground up. Since 2011, we have worked with more than 1,800 entrepreneurs to help strengthen and scale the region’s most disruptive and high-impact businesses.
IMPACT TO DATE
* 2.5 million people directly impacted
* 295% growth in sales in the first year after Cultivation
* $69 million in sales generated by Cultivated businesses
* +1,800 entrepreneurs served in 6 countries in Central America
WHAT IS THE FELLOWSHIP?
The fast track to the front line of social innovation.
The Fellowship Program provides a competitive advantage in your professional trajectory through a hands-on experience with a pioneer organization in the impact sector. Through a complete professional and personal development experience, Fellows acquire the critical skills, contextual insights and global network access to advance their careers and catalyze impact.
Specifically, the Fellowship provides the unique opportunity to:
* Gain a comprehensive and real world understanding of social entrepreneurship and impact investing and the innovative approaches, ideas and best practices of the sector, including exposure to the entrepreneurial process in a rapidly developing region
* Connect with a global and wide-reaching network of impact leaders, presenting invaluable opportunities for connections and career development
* Directly contribute to Alterna’s high growth trajectory and organizational strategy as it leads the sector of social innovation and entrepreneurship in Central America and beyond
* Join the talented, multicultural, fun-loving Alterna tribe that is solving the region’s most important challenges
* Take advantage of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the history, culture and reality of Guatemala, the heart of the Mayan civilization and the most diverse country in Central America, with extraordinary access to captivating landscapes, adventures and cultural experiences
WHERE YOU COME IN
As our Talent Strategy Fellow, you will work directly with our Strategic Partnerships team, strengthening, managing and scaling Alterna’s Fellowship Program and reinforcing the organization through recruitment and talent management. This person will form a fundamental part of the operations and growth strategy of Alterna.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
* Support in the design and implementation of the Fellowship Program, including:
– Strengthen the program’s strategic vision and plan, integrating innovative components to reinforce the program’s value proposition, positioning, and overall Fellow experience
– Lead personal and professional development activities to ensure the well-being and growth of the Fellows while maximizing the program’s impact
– Research, identify and establish strategic partnerships in the academic, corporate, and non-profit sectors to facilitate the identification and recruitment of Fellows
– Design and implement a Post-Fellowship strategy to strengthen the Fellows Alumni network and generate strong community engagement
* Coordinate the recruitment processes for the Fellowship Program, including:
– Lead communication and recruiting campaigns across strategic platforms
– Manage the screening and interview processes
– Support in the comprehensive integration and training of new Fellows
* Participate in a variety of other sector activities and events, such as:
– Continuously research and develop market intelligence on opportunities, trends, and best practices in talent for the impact sector
– Participate in a variety of sector events, such as FLII CA&C (The Latin American Impact Investing Forum for Central America and the Caribbean), a forum hosted by Alterna in November 2019 that brings together over 600 international and regional leaders in impact investing and social entrepreneurship
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR?
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who seek to immerse themselves in problems; those who do not take ‘no’ for an answer and if you like to have fun while working, we will not be disappointed.
Successful candidates have the following experiences and skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study
* Prior professional experience in programs or institutions of education, training and / or capacity building is a plus, but not required
* Excellent written and verbal communication; Spanish linguistic competency highly desired
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, complemented by humility, empathy, and cultural sensitivity
* A proven balance of autonomy and self-motivation with strong team collaboration skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage complexity, and adapt to challenges with minimal resources
* Knowledge and passion for the social entrepreneurship and impact investment sectors
Please note that the Fellowship is volunteer-based.
If you are a purpose-drive professional, looking for a career change, or simply seeking for a meaningful role in a development context, Alterna Fellowship is the program for you.