Team Leader – Ag Sector SME Development
- Burkina Faso
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Enclude is seeking a Team Leader to manage component A1 of PCESA (Programme de Croissance Economique dans le Secteur Agricole) in Burkina Faso, a project that aims to increase productivity, value added and agricultural incomes in order to boost economic growth and reduce poverty in rural areas. Component A1 is focused on the support of 60 small / medium-sized agricultural enterprises in Burkina Faso to enable their access to growth finance, through a dedicated Technical Assistance Fund. Technical assistance to small agribusinesses under the program will include support with business plans, market analyses, accounting, feasibility studies, mentoring, restructuring, and other business challenges.
Enclude (www.encludesolutions.com) is an advisory firm dedicated to building more inclusive and sustainable local economies. A core focus is supporting the inclusive, sustainable growth of small businesses through capacity building programs for entrepreneurs and the financial institutions which serve them. We provide integrated capacity and capital services that help clients and partners design, connect, finance and build solutions that generate sustainable business results and positive social and environmental outcomes. Enclude’s committed professionals work in four registered offices (in the Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, and Pakistan) and in project locations across the world on all 5 continents.
The Team Leader will be stationed in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, for a period of three years, starting in Fall 2017. (S)he will lead a team of 3 permanent staff and coordinate the activities of a variety of short-term consultants with specialized expertise in various areas. Tasks include:
• Project and team management, coordination of inputs and management of individual specialists;
• Coordinating of activities with the other components of the PCESA project for the period 2017-2020
• Development and management of the Technical Assistance fund, including the development of operating manual, policies and procedures
• Monitoring and reporting on project progress
• Managing the delivery of technical assistance to BDS providers and agribusinesses
• Disseminating experiences and lessons learned through website and other media
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Team Leader with proven skills in the management of SME development projects, preferably in West Africa.
Additional requirements include:
• A university degree in agricultural economics, finance, management or a related field
• Fluency in French (writing, reading, speaking)
• Expertise in agribusiness, value chain development and/or SME development, and access to finance for agribusinesses
• Experience with managing and design of technical assistance funds
• Experience living and working in West Africa
• Positive attitude and perseverance
• 10+ years international working experience. Previous team leadership experience with Danida will be a plus.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter (in both English and French) by 31 July 2017 to email@example.com. Hiring for this position is dependent on award of the contract in a competitive bidding process. For questions, please contact Cathelijne van Melle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enclude is seeking a Team Leader to manage component A1 of PCESA (Programme de Croissance Economique dans le Secteur Agricole) in Burkina Faso, a project that aims to increase productivity, value added and agricultural incomes in order to boost economic growth and reduce poverty in rural areas. Component A1 is focused on the support of 60 small / medium-sized agricultural enterprises in Burkina Faso to enable their access to growth finance, through a dedicated Technical Assistance Fund.