Technical Account Specialist
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Where to Apply
TaroWorks LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Grameen Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to helping the world’s poor connect with their potential. Our vision is to make it as easy to manage across the last mile as it is across the first mile. TaroWorks LLC offers TaroWorks, an Android-based data collection and field operation management tool.
Built for organizations working in the most difficult places on the planet where connectivity is limited, TaroWorks provides real-time data and feedback loops that connect the head office staff directly to their field staff. Find out more at www.taroworks.org.
You believe that technology can enable social businesses and NGOs non-profits to improve their programs and better serve their clients. You believe that data has the power to help solve the world’s most complex problems and can contribute to alleviate alleviating poverty. If you love software, love customers, and are prepared to go the extra mile to help them succeed – you’ll enjoy being part of the TaroWorks team at the Grameen Foundation.
We are currently seeking a Technical Account Specialist to help support our growing number of TaroWorks™ customers across Africa, Asia and Latin America. The duties of this position are 90% customer facing, and 10% internal. Externally, your time will be divided amongst providing our clients technical support, and delivering professional services.
This role has five main objectives:
- Drive Customer Success: Provide training, on-boarding and Tier 2 support for our client portfolio across a variety of sectors, ensuring they are maximizing the value TaroWorks is providing for their organization.
- Delivery High Quality Services: Deliver professional services to our customers to ensure their success and satisfaction when using TaroWorks.
- Build Scalable Support Systems: Build out our support website with proper training, videos and references so that customers can help themselves and one another and foster community led support.
- Support Product Development: Provide critical input into design process by combining customer feedback with expert insight.
Support Sales Team: Provide implementation advice, enhance technical knowledge, and create suitable demos where necessary.
The ideal candidate should have excellent problem solving and skills, fluent English communication skills (both verbal and written), and display strong customer-focus and service mentality. While experience with the Salesforce platform is not a requirement, the successful candidate must prove their ability to learn new concepts and apply them quickly – it is ideal that applicants have at least a basic practical experience in mapping business processes, programming and relational databases.
Reflective of most start-up environments, this is very much a hands-on position, with on-the-job training and in-the-trenches tactical work required.
This is an amazing chance to put your skills and passion to work in the fight against global poverty through a cutting-edge technology solution while gaining valuable operational and analytic experience with potential for advancement.
This role will report to the TaroWorks’ Director of Product and Customer Success who is based in Seattle, Washington. The position will be based in Nairobi.
- Become an expert in TaroWorks and SalesForce.com functionality.
- Create and maintain support resources, FAQs, training documentation and videos to ensure customers can resolve the majority of support questions independently.
- Provide Level 2 support to NGOs and social enterprises including responsive problem solving of technical issues, tracking and managing of support incidents and interfacing with engineering (Level 3 support) to ensure accurate problem resolution.
- Provide customers with professional services such as training, setup, enhanced support, and consulting services.
- Participate in product improvement by capturing customer issues and needs and communicating them to the product team.
- Compile customer use data, case statistics, and support metrics.
- Build reports and dashboards and provide business analytic capabilities through the use of standard reporting tools.
- Provide support to TaroWorks Sales and Product teams when needed.
- Host quarterly webinars showcasing our new releases, and additionally as needs arise
- Represent TaroWorks at conferences, sometimes in speaking engagements
Required Skills, Trait and Experiences:
- Exceptional communication skills – fluency in English, both written and verbal. Must be able to gather technical information and give instructions while maintaining a friendly, supportive and approachable tone.
- Strong technical skills – Proven aptitude in system thinking and problem solving, ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply them in combination.
- Customer-focus, empathy, service-attitude and patience a must.
- Strong relationship management skills to build deep, learning relationships with customers – comfortable speaking to business executives, technical staff and field staff sometimes with minimal education.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out a technical task with verbal instructions and limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand data models and relational databases, familiarity with web technologies and basic understanding of SQL or similar.
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to customer and team members.
- Passion for the mission of TaroWorks and poverty alleviation.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20%.
Preferred Skills, Trait and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or business (with focus on operations or analytics)
- 3 – 5 years working experience, with at least a year of experience providing technical support
- Experience with SalesForce.com, Zendesk and Android devices
- Experience with supporting and deploying mobile applications
- Experience in tutoring, teaching or training
- Experience in organizing and analyzing data
- Experience organizing workflows / managing business processes
- Experience moderating an online forum a plus
- Ability to film (screencast) and edit videos, then publish them to YouTube
- Basic Object Oriented Programming language (C, C++, Java)
Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com. Please put “TaroWorks Technical Account Specialist” in the subject line. No Calls Please.