Technical Advisor – Livelihoods Promotion
- Fundación Capital
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
What are we offering?
The person hired will be responsible for providing technical support on the development and delivery of basic skills training for the Livelihoods Enhancement Component of the Productive Social Safety Net (PSSN). S/he will be self-directed and report to the Head of Operations – Tanzania, while also collaborating with the Director of Social and Livelihoods Promotion and managing relationships with external providers.
Who are we?
Fundación Capital (FundaK) is an international organization whose team works in 14 countries across Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa, with the mission of reducing poverty and advancing economic citizenship. We work in the design, development and implementation of innovative projects, with the goal of helping individuals living in poverty to build, grow, manage and protect their financial, human, physical and social assets. (www.fundacioncapital.org)
What are the tasks and responsibilities?
– Manage the day-to-day activities linked with providing technical advice to the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) on the Livelihoods Enhancement project currently underway, supporting the Head of Operations in implementing the work plan.
– Support the implementation of training: accompany our government partner to implement paper-based basic skills training in 9 villages in 3 districts; oversee a process evaluation.
– Oversee the creation of new training content: work with specialists to outline and co-create new training modules which are designed to be delivered over an 18 month period for continued light-touch coaching. Training modules will cover themes such as personal development, financial education and entrepreneurship. Supervise pre-testing of new content in one village.
– Manage the digitization of content: partner with Fundacion Capital’s internal product development team to develop an initial application for the already adapted and tested 6 individual modules of basic skills training for Livelihoods Enhancement to demonstrate a proof of concept.
– Monitor the progress of activities: ensure on-time performance of planned activities within the allocated budget.
– Write reports: document insights from the field and generate summaries for internal and external stakeholders
– Advise partners on the design and implementation of effective livelihood enhancement strategies; participate in technical committees.
– Identify potential interventions which will promote greater productive inclusion and seek out public and private sector partners and donors who support similar goals.
– Attend national and international meetings and events on livelihood enhancement and the Graduation Approach to present the work of Fundación Capital.
Who are we looking for?
The person we are looking for should be:
– Independent, dynamic and persistent and an entrepreneurial innovator.
– Highly committed to social and development issues and able to relate well with the people living in poverty.
Languages: fluent in Swahili and English (oral and written)
Skills & Knowledge:
– Broad knowledge of livelihoods and productive inclusion issues (e.g. the Graduation Approach, access to finance and markets, technical skills training, coaching/mentoring).
– Good writing skills, demonstrated through the production of reports, research papers and / or publications.
– Management and project implementation skills
– At least 4 years of work experience in the development sector Field work with vulnerable communities preferably in Tanzania
– Demonstrated experience in preparing proposals for funding
Education: Bachelor degree in economics, finance, development studies, community economic development or any other relevant discipline from a recognized institution; Master’s degree preferred.
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV and a concise cover letter in which you explain (1) your motivation to work with us, (2) why you would be a good addition to our team, as well as (3) salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Send your applications as soon as possible to email@example.com, with the subject line “Technical Advisor – Livelihoods Promotion”. Interviews will start from November 20th. This job advertisement will remain posted until the position is filled.