Technical Product Manager
- Vera Solutions
- Mumbai, India
- Job Type
- Contact Information
Focus: Design and deliver products for social sector organizations around the world on Force.com platform. Create effective systems for managing workflow and quality assurance.
Location: Mumbai, India
Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 250 organizations in over 50 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations. Our solutions help organizations working in health, education, and development to collect, analyze and utilize real-time, high-quality programmatic data, automate processes, and work more efficiently and effectively. Vera’s work is centered on the Force.com platform, the world’s leading cloud application development platform.
Vera is a growing organization, with nearly 50 full-time staff based in Amsterdam, Boston, Cape Town, Dar es Salaam, Geneva, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, São Paulo, and Washington D.C. Vera is a Salesforce.org International Impact Partner and an ANDE member. We have been honored with the Global Good Fund, Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, Dasra Social Impact, Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation Fellowships, the Genesis Prize, and have been featured in Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Social Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 30 Startups to Watch.
The Technical Product Manager will be part of a growing Products team in Mumbai, and play a critical role in the creation of new products and features from idea to launch. This position is involved throughout the product lifecycle – technical design of new features, manage sprint planning and product delivery schedule, write test plans, maintain product quality, and provide training and technical assistance.
You will join a team of passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all dedicated to improving the way social impact organizations operate. We’re a self-motivated, creative group, and we emphasize collaboration, flexibility, and professionalism. Vera is a young, rapidly growing company; we encourage all team members to push their own boundaries and drive the company in new directions.
– Design, build, implement, and support cloud and mobile data systems for a range of social service organizations worldwide
– Develop deep technical and market-based expertise on our core and future products
– Drive strong project management with planning, communicating, documenting and tracking activities using project management tools
– Write user stories / product requirments and create JIRA tickets
– Ensure all communication and decisions are documented
– Monitor development time on all sprints and ensure efficiency and accuracy
– Monitor and report on product quality, adoption and user feedback throughout product lifecycle
– Prepare test planning, review requirements and execute testing to ensure successful product delivery
– Collaborate with project teams to interact with clients and conduct user research, document user stories, and translate them into actionable product features
Qualifications and Experience:
– Experience on Force.com
– Experience in an agile software development environment, with rapid feedback loops and quick release cycles
– Demonstrated success with project management and tools such as JIRA
– Curiosity and problem solving skills—do problems slow you down or drive you to seek solutions?
– Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
– Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
– Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks effectively
– Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
– Fluent, professional written and verbal communication in English and Hindi
– Experience developing and managing managed packages on top of Force.com platform
– Professional experience in a product design or research capacity
– Interest in social service work or international development
Compensation & Benefits:
Vera Solutions offers competitive compensation (including benefits), commensurate with experience and cost of living.
How to Apply:
Fill out the online application at the link below.
Link to apply: https://verasolutions.formstack.com/forms/vera_application_techproductmanager