Technical Support Analyst
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- The position is available immediately. If interested, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicate “India Technical Support Analyst” in the subject line of your e-mail.
After the past few years of exponential growth, we now have thousands of users counting on our software. Our users include health supervisors in India that are tracking at-risk pregnancies in rural villages, farmers in Senegal who are running their own agricultural cooperatives, and pharmacists that are monitoring medication stock levels in Tanzania. To keep up with this growing demand, we are looking for a Technical Support Analyst who will work directly with our users to troubleshoot issues and provide support.
As Technical Support Analyst, you will be the primary interface between Dimagi and our users. Your job will be comprised of two primary roles:
First, you will be the first line of support to our users. In this role, you will help users troubleshoot issues with our software, flag critical software errors, and identify next steps to solve them, all while being available and communicative with users throughout the process. You will work with our users to accurately document issues and resolutions, and collaborate with our developers to solve complex technical problems.
Second, you will be responsible for setting up and monitoring our general customer support channels and experience. This includes evolving the support team as we grow and enforcing customer service best practices. You must have excellent communication skills, be incredibly detail-oriented, and be able to work with users from different cultural backgrounds.
This is a new role at Dimagi so there is a lot of room for growth in many directions.
Skills & Requirements:
1) At least 1 year of experience with customer service and/or customer relations
2) Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to write out workplans to address critical issues
3) Excellent relationship-building skills and demonstrated patience in working with users
4) At least 1-2 years of experience working in a technical capacity
5) Strong ability to pick up new technologies
6) Fluency in both English and Hindi, written and verbal
Great attention to detail and problem solving skills
1) Technical Degree – B.Tech/B.E. – any specialization, BCA, B.Sc – Comp.Science/IT or an equivalent degree
2) Experience providing software customer support
3) Fluency in other languages (preferably French, Spanish, or any Indian languages)
4) Experience working with a global customer base
5) Desire to make a social impact
Is this the right position for me?
We look for people who are interested in understanding what makes technology work in practice in low-resource settings. You’re able to self-organize and self-manage, and you love helping people solve difficult problems. You prefer small organizations to large ones, multi-tasking to single-project assignments, and a social atmosphere. You are detail oriented and comfortable with diving into the nitty gritty of technology.