- Cup Club Limited
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Experienced and highly skilled Tech Lead wanted for next generation IoT enabled smart food packaging startup.
What We do:
With the rise of the Sharing Economy and the IoT, there is now a viable opportunity to address the issue of our dwindling natural world resources and innovate accordingly. Using digital technology and innovation, we are launching the world\’s first smart food packaging product and service for retailers across the UK. Cities such as London exhibit a high consumption rate of single use packaging and with an estimated 60% of the global population living in cities by 2030 (London being Europe\’s biggest city), this rate of consumption is set to increase dramatically. This implies more waste being generated and more public expenditure to clean and maintain streets.
We are looking to start a global shift in this market by introducing an easy to use platform, allowing retailers and consumers to access returnable food packaging to designated drop points across the city.
We have already developed relationships with the Greater London Authority, London Waste & Recycling Board, KPMG, HSBC, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, RSA and Do the Green Thing. We have received considerable press on our innovative product, being covered by Design Week, Core77, Disrupt Innovation Festival, Dwell, Design Indaba and Ogilvy.
Who we are looking for:
In the run-up to our commercial launch later this year in London, it is critical that the business is supported by a robust and efficient technology platform. The Tech Lead will be responsible for creating and managing this infrastructure which powers Cup Club’s smart software platform and IoT product assets. We are looking for a full stack software Developer who will work closely with the CEO and team members to form an integral part of the team.
We’re looking for a top-tier experienced professional with at least 5 years’ experience, who is looking for a hands on and fulfilling role. If you like delivering real change and are passionate about sustainable impact, this is the role for you.
● Experience / interest in start-ups and/or social enterprise
● Have relevant experience in frontend and backend development
● Strong influencing, leadership, teamwork and communication skills
● A creative problem solver with great initiative who is 100% accountable and reliable
● Confident and flexible self-starter, capable of operating in a dynamic environment
● Someone who lives and breathes Cup Club’s values of sustainability and being creative through continuous innovation
● Unwavering desire for continuous improvement and excellence
● Positive, confident and communicative individual who shows initiative and is confident in dealing with clients
● Strong attention to detail
● Experience working within an agile environment, test driven development and continuous delivery
● Experienced in one or more of the following : Java, Python, .Net or PHP
● SQL technologies: PostgreSQL, MySql or SqlServer
● Knowledge of Message Queues. Experience building applications to scale
● Android & iOS development a bonus
● Solid understanding of building RESTful interfaces and associated best practices
● Experience deploying to and managing a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
Key responsibilities include:
● To develop greenfield Cup Club IoT smart software platform
● Develop APIs, applications and features to support all Cup Club product requirements. Develop analytics platform to track and analyse transactions
● Be happy to lead development and delegate tasks to other team members
● Establish and maintain high level of code quality and best practices.
● To develop effective working practices and processes to help deliver product features
● To analyse data and work with the CEO and operations team to efficiently improve Cup Club product and service
Be part of a small team where your work is valued and you can make a real difference.
Annual salary between £40-45k with Equity Options, based on experience and expertise.
Please send your CV and cover email to email@example.com , with ‘Tech Lead’ in the subject line.