TechnoServe India Fellow
- TechnoServe India
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- All applications should be sent to email@example.com.
TechnoServe (TNS) is a not for profit economic development agency which creates business solutions to poverty. We work closely with rural and urbanizing women and men in developing countries to build enterprises that generate income, create livelihood opportunities and fuel economic growth. Headquartered in the United States, we operate in more than 30 countries.
TechnoServe has been active in India since 2007, working to: 1) Strengthen value chains: We work hands-on with smallholder farmers, enabling them to grow high-value products, engage with private sector companies and sell in profitable markets; 2) Support entrepreneurs in poor areas: We provide business training and support to women and men who want to create thriving, sustainable enterprises; 3) Promote sustainable local economic development: Our market-led approach increases incomes for target groups, catalyzing further economic and social development in their communities. More information can be found at www.technoserve.org
TechnoServe India is looking to appoint TNS India Fellows based out of our office in Mumbai to assist and support implementation of the project titled ‘Accelerator Program for Women-led Businesses in Urban Mumbai’ for Blackstone Charitable Foundation. TNS India Fellows are typically professionals who would like to volunteer with TechnoServe for a year to work on programs that address the varied poverty challenges in India and be part of shaping sustainable solutions that make a significant impact on the lives of poor.
This project intends to promote a business accelerator program for women-led enterprises and woman entrepreneurs from low income groups in urban Mumbai. This program will typically target women-led small and microenterprises with annual turnover exceeding $20,000, employing at least 5 people and 24 months of financial records. Through a multi-tiered approach, we will help build capacity of these early emerging enterprises led by women and provide intensive business advisory and counseling support to select enterprises.
The role for the Fellow will involve management of the accelerator program and providing business advisory and mentoring support to the enterprises. The Fellow will also be responsible for engaging with various partners and stakeholders for the program.
Start date: August 1, 2015
Length of commitment required: 9-12 months
Location: Mumbai, India
Description: The Fellow will work with the core team of the TechnoServe country office in India on strategy development and project execution. Specific tasks include:
- Managing the initial community outreach and application invitation process.
- Conducting in-person and/or telephonic due diligence of reviewed enterprises.
- Facilitating business training through a workshop and development of business plans for selected women entrepreneurs.
- Providing intensive advisory and close mentoring support to the final selection of enterprises to help execute the business plans
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the corporate sector preferably in a management consulting role.
- Spoken Hindi language skills are an added positive
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently create and maintain relationships with external stakeholders such as lenders, prospective customers etc.