Training and Impact Associate
- Aangan Trust
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Training and Impact Associate
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets “hotspots” across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are known red light areas, sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like high rates of child marriage and girl child discrimination. Here we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protections that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
The Training and Impact Associate will be part of Aangan’s training team, whose focus is to make a difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in India. This includes children who are at risk of being trafficked, forced into labour, marriage, abuse and exploitation. Additionally, this position provides an exciting opportunity for you to build the technical skills, knowledge and mind set of:
i. The most marginalised women from Aangan’s hotspots on child protection
ii. Identified local government officials so that their performance is emphasized/monitored in the context of child protection through a classroom training
The eventual goal being to ensure that community safety groups are actively involved in building protective systems in the community, but also impacting children in the larger community.
III. Key Responsibilities
• Work with Aangan’s alumni communities on child safety projects
• Inspire and motivate women apprentices, adolescent boy and girl groups as well as local govt. officials through classroom training with the objective to build their knowledge and skills on child protection.
• Instil a sense of ownership and group cohesiveness among the women apprentices as well as adolescent boy and girl groups and draw from them relevant experiences and local knowledge
• Lead and conduct monthly classroom trainings for at least 50 individuals
• Lead and conduct monthly classroom trainings for government officials
• Use innovative methods to deliver Aangan’s curriculum and tools, in order to make the classroom training an exciting and collaborative space to learn
• Observe and capture classroom trends, identify gaps and issues and provide solutions to address gaps in a timely fashion
• Work closely with Program Specialists and Program Associates to systematically address gaps in implementation as a result of the classroom training and ensure that overall outcomes are being met through classroom sessions
• Creating cross learning opportunities amongst the groups
• Develop a comprehensive understanding on Aangan’s curriculum and tools so as to be used for regular trainings
• Case work i.e. writing up comprehensive profiles on child harm cases that Aangan is working on based on conversations with parents and other professionals
• Assist with creation of rehabilitation plans for child survivors of harm
IV. Competencies and Abilities
• An understanding of the POCSO Act and its application
• Willingness to spend a considerable amount of time in the field
• Excellent communication skills that spans across community based women and government officials.
• Proficiency in Hindi and English.
• Creative and critical thinking ability
• Ability to motivate an attitude of learning before, during and after the classroom sessions
• Willingness to listen and learn and respect different perspectives brought into the classroom
• Organized and ability to manage time well
• Willingness to travel
V. Education and Experience
• Graduate/Post Graduate degree in social work, development or psychology
• At least 2 years of experience in the area of Child Protection or community based work
• Experience with training groups of adults preferred
• Experience working with child survivors of harm
• A background in Counselling is preferred
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Training and Impact Associate” in the email subject.