Travel & Events Coordinator
- Room to Read
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. Room to Read has benefited 10 million children across 17,500 communities in Asia and Africa, and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020. Learn more atwww.roomtoread.org.
The Travel and Events Coordinator (Development Analyst, Donor Engagement) is an integral part of Room to Read’s Donor Engagement team and is based in our San Francisco office reporting directly to the Manager, Donor Engagement. S/he plays a key role in the implementation of Room to Read’s in-country engagement experiences (i.e. site visits and donor trips) throughout our countries of operation to steward donors and deepen their connection to the organization. The Development Analyst is expected to travel approximately 5% annually and is highly focused on project management, event coordination, event marketing, stewardship support of major donors and prospects, developing relationships with worldwide colleagues, and providing strong customer service to donors.
Room to Read is looking for a dynamic, personable, results-oriented person to continue to grow our success in engaging our donors through in-country experiences. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who is committed to our cause and has a track record of planning multi-faceted events in a high change environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Manage global site visit requests and coordination for individual donors and group site visits – reaching upwards of 80 – 100 unique events per year. Provide clear, timely and engaging direct correspondence with in-country Room to Read offices and donors of all levels.
– Support Donor Engagement Manager in planning 4 -6 donor trips a year. Support duties include developing appealing and relevant itineraries and educational content, maintaining the project implementation schedule, training trip leaders and preparing donor participants.
– Manage external communications on 4–6 donor trips a year and continues to strengthen and develop new communication strategies to improve the donor experience.
– Act as lead coordinator on participant recruitment for high-net worth donor trips, working closely with all development markets and relevant executive-level team members. Responsible for the creation of compelling online and printed marketing materials.
– Lead donor engagement trainings for new and existing staff throughout the organization.
– Collect information to create and maintain resources on key aspects of donor engagement activities and organizational knowledge on processes and best practices.
– Maintain institutional database regarding donor visit activities, perform data integrity checks, and produce donor engagement reports using Microsoft Excel and the CRM (Salesforce) database.
– In collaboration with the Donor Engagement Manager and other Development team members, support special marketing, cultivation and technology initiatives to improve, streamline and integrate site visits and donor trips into the department’s fundraising strategies and support revenue goals.
– Play an active role in the Shared Services team regarding integration of policies and procedures and implementation of new initiatives related to Donor Engagement activities.
– Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience
– 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a fast paced, growth oriented environment
– Highly organized with strong attention to detail and results orientation
– Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to adjust communications styles based on the audience
– Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications
– Prior experience or strong interest in event, meeting or travel planning
– Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
– Strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines
– Flexibility, positive attitude with ability to maintain a sense of humor
– Ability and willingness to travel internationally
– Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
– History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations
– Previous experience working with relational databases and/or web integration tools
– Previous experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
– Experience traveling and/or living internationally; familiarity with the Asian and African cultures a major plus
– Experience in project management
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
– Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
– Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
– Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
– Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
– Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this position please visit our job board. Select the Travel & Events Coordinator position, click apply and complete the online application which will ask you to provide your resume, cover letter and some personal information. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received. Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. However, if you need technical assistance, please email email@example.com. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.