US Operations Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- One Acre Fund,New York, NY10004
Ideally, this person will split their time between Salesforce management/programming, general US operations, and Finance administration. Examples of responsibilities might include:
- Salesforce management and programming (~50% of time):
- Primary Salesforce responsibilities:
- High-level oversight of One Acre Fund’s Salesforce usage.
- Working with our in-house programmer to:
- Preserve and modify overall database architecture as appropriate.
- Install external applications that can further improve Salesforce’s integration with other corporate tools (Google Apps, Survey Monkey, Outlook, etc.).
- Manage broad extensions of Salesforce functionality within existing teams and the organization as a whole.
- Train new staff on Salesforce
- Update and maintain Salesforce Admin Manual and Salesforce Training Manual
- Other Salesforce responsibilities:
- Designing and executing reports for mailing lists, invitations, budgets, financial rectification and audits, etc.
- Managing processes for new data uploads.
- Managing regular processes for database clean-up.
- With communications and other departments, manage data-sharing processes between Salesforce and third-party services (eg, Vertical Response).
- With US Special Assistant, ensure incoming donations and acknowledgement letters are processed quickly and accurately.
- Primary Salesforce responsibilities:
- Finance Administration (~30% of time):
- US Books: Update and close books weekly, using SAP.
- Payment processing:
- Receive payment requests and set up wires for approval by CFO/Finance Director.
- Use International Payroll journal to set up and issue salary wires.
- Issue reimbursement wires/check for job applicant claims.
- Manage bank accounts: Download statements, issue payments, assure sufficient funds in accounts.
- Reconcile corporate accounts during quarterly and annual audits.
- Ensure functionality of One Acre Fund’s give pages
- Online donation processing
- Online donation subscription processing and cancellation
- Fraud management
- Software and other purchasing
- Update and maintain the following resources:
- Audio and web conferencing guide
- Reimbursements web page
- Guide for installing MS Office
- List of Vendors/US based accounts
- Possibly contributing to management of HR databases and systems
- US Operations Tasks (10-20% of time):
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking an exceptional, early career professional with 3+ years of work experience (but all experience levels welcome). We are looking for a candidate who excels at and enjoys all facets of database management. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences in technology, operations, or a similar field (ideally in a high-performing non-profit or private sector setting).
- Exceptional command of Excel.
- Knowledge of HTML and SAP would be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of accounting (e.g., ability to read and understand income statement, balance sheet, etc.).
- Exacting attention to detail.
- A demonstrated interest in or understanding of fundraising is desirable.
- A background in or understanding of global development would be highly valued.
- Friendly and helpful personality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine a strong skill set with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to this position for the long term (minimum 2.5 years).
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, 401k contribution, flexible work environment.