User Experience Researcher – Solar solutions
- Simpa Energy India Pvt. Ltd.
- Delhi NCR, India
- Job Type
- Product Management
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Simpa Energy seeks a User Experience Researcher to lead the development of its cutting edge, radically affordable solar solutions. The UX Researcher shares the responsibility for new product development and related service innovation, working closely with our engineering team to guide solar product solutions from conception to launch, and with our distribution partners to ensure exceptional Product-Market fit. You will use design thinking as you engage with target customers in rural settings to deepen our understanding of their energy needs, and follow Lean Startup methodology to prototype early and often.
Rural India is your laboratory, and sometimes also your home, and thus you become Simpa’s go-to person for field insights. You want to be an agent of change, and your compassion drives you to go out of your way to bring need based products and services for the underserved.
You must possess a unique blend of business, design and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. As part of the Product Management team, you are the customer’s voice, placing their needs on the table before the technical and business worlds as you co-creatively design technologies with engineers that expand access to modern energy. You will work with Simpa’s operations team to launch and manage pilots, human-centered-design staff to distill insights from end-customers, and engineering counterparts to define and manage product releases. You will work with sales to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers, and serve as the internal and external evangelist for your products.
The position will report to the Product management Leader with key responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- End-to-end ownership of product vision and strategy
- Design and lead focused field-based research for the company, conduct trials and pilot projects following Lean Startup methodology to validate key product hypotheses, rapidly test features and product packages, and gather customer insights
- Develop and share a deep understanding of customer needs to support the product lifecycle: defining the product strategy, conceiving of features, delivering product requirements, working with cross-functional teams through implementation
- Partner with engineering teams to deliver products as per road map and objectives, and sales teams to develop go-to-market strategy
- Recruit and manage interns, fellows and seconded professionals supporting the product line
Required Skills & Experience:
- 0-2 years of prior experience with ultra-low cost design, human centered design, and Lean Startup methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding and experience developing solutions for base of the pyramid consumers in emerging markets
- Demonstrate empathy and sensitivity to the needs of customers
- Experience conducting focus groups, usability studies, and market research to validate product requirements and design decisions
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excels at working in ambiguous situations and comfort within fast-moving entrepreneurial organizations
- Cross-functional work style and proven execution experience
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem solving skills
- Fluency in Hindi is strongly preferred
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “UX Researcher” in the Subject line of your email.
About Simpa Energy
Simpa Energy sells solar power systems on financing to households and shops in rural India. We are a venture-backed social enterprise with a bold mission: to make modern energy simple, affordable, and accessible for everyone. Simpa’s unique proposition is the integration of energy and financing at the point of sale into one simple solar power system solution for the customer.
Underpinning this unique proposition are two innovations:
- Our technology-enabled ‘Progressive Purchase’ pay-as-you-go model; and
- Our operating model, where we develop and work through local Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) for on-field delivery of our proposition to our customers.
The company is pursuing a market opportunity of 1 million solar rooftops by 2020.