- Pula Advisors
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Since we started 3 years ago, Pula has developed insurance and agronomy solutions that have reached over 800,000 farmers across 8 countries in Africa, and we are on a rapid growth path to reach one million farmers by the end 2019. For a brief on our work so far have a look at this talk by one of our founders here:
If you love working in a dynamic environment where the demands are high, where you will be challenged every day and where you will get to deliver solutions that positively impact millions of farmers in emerging markets, then this role is for you!
We are looking for a superstar in User Research (UX) for delivery of insurance products.
● Lead human centered and data driven design research (UX) and interactive design (UI) across all Pula product types and digital and non-digital engagement channels (i.e. Android, Django Admin, USSD, SMS, Direct Marketing, and Traditional, but Adaptive Marketing, and other that we might not have defined yet)
● Implement best practice for modern UX methodologies to design qualitative and quantitative research for insurance, seeds, and fertilizer product sales and marketing. Activities include define customer segments, build UX frameworks, processes, and tools (user journeys, user scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
● Guide data team on quantitative data collection for UX research planning, user segmentation, and product evaluation and insight
● Create and prepare tools and clear documentation based on requirements from Product Managers (including user flows, product maps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes) for A/B testing and
site development programs
● Design field research plans, and coordinate user experience testing with end users and field teams in-country; Build out multi-version assets of tools for rapid prototyping across markets.
● Quickly iterate prototypes (even in the field sometimes) based on quantitative and qualitative research data, design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
● Balance a split focus between iterative UX and iterative UI, constantly evolving designs and research methodologies based on research results
● Collaboratively brainstorm and evolve feature UX with the Product Team and wider scrum team, while ensuring executed work matches UX vision
● Be an advocate for the end-users on the product and internal teams, as well as in the boardroom
Your Strengths and Experience:
● Ability to draft product architectures/designs at speed and incorporate feedback quickly. At Pula we deliver in line with the agricultural seasons, which significantly increases the time pressure for turning around concepts and iterations
● 2-3 years of experience in UX/UI and preferably across web, Android, Django Admin, USSD, and SMS
● Experience conducting user-research in multi-country engagements across diverse user archetypes and products types
● Comfortable with digital and blended model (digital + physical marketing assets) product UX and UI design
● Extremely organized and structured with the ability to manage and run with new products, driving towards delivery of these products on time
● Data driven and able to consume quantitative data for product design, able to apply behavioral economics principles to product development- Excel skills are a must!
● Strong documentation skills, able to write clearly, providing written updates, memo’s and reports after key activities
● Strong people skills, and demonstrated experience in working with and managing diverse teams with huge variances in education and background
● Proactive, self-driven team member that requires minimal oversight; however, requests feedback quickly to get help pivoting when things get stuck
● Experience in working in Agile product development
● Four-year degree required (A degree in the Social Sciences, Interaction Design, Behavioral Physiology, or other related fields is a plus)
● You enjoy working and travelling in rural Africa
Nice to have:
● Experience in direct marketing, behavioral economics, SMS messaging, product marketing
● Agricultural/Insurance knowledge, we can teach you insurance & agriculture
● Background in Graphic Design
● Background in Quantitative Research
What we offer
● Be an early team member of a VC backed insure-tech with solid year on year growth!
● We pride ourselves in operational excellence, both in terms of technology as well as in our field operations and interactions with farmers. You will be part of an exceptional and award-winning
team and we will help you raise the bar and deliver what has never been done before.
● Change the story of farmers in Africa. We were the first to deliver agriculture insurance in many of the countries we work in, and have given farmers confidence, professionalism and pride. This is a
chance to be part of that story.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject: UX Specialist. Attach your 1-2-page CV (no longer) and put your cover letter in the body of the email.