Vice President of Client Development
- RSF Social Finance
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please submit a current resume and cover letter
- Where to Apply
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
RSF Social Finance is an impact-focused financial intermediary committed to reimagining and transforming the economy. Centering on relationships, RSF uses the tools of finance to bring about positive, real-world change. Through lending, investing, and giving they change the way people relate to and activate money. They connect social enterprises with various forms of capital to contribute to a more just, regenerative, and compassionate world. As a nonprofit, RSF supports a broad range of social enterprises in the fields of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Climate & the Environment. Primary services include their investing and lending programs and philanthropic programs and services. In partnership with their investors and donors, RSF has made over $800 million in loans and grants since 1984, placing them in the top tier of social finance organizations worldwide.
Their team of passionate professionals is mostly based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and they work with clients throughout the United States and Canada.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a compelling opportunity for a relationship-oriented executive to place their thumbprint on the organization while helping individuals and institutions align their money with their values. The Vice President, Client Development will enjoy a great deal of freedom in developing the strategy and further designing the team for two critical departments: both Philanthropic Services and Client Engagement. RSF has streamlined its offerings and doubled its philanthropic AUM over the last 2 years, and its Donor Advised Funds represent a particularly ripe opportunity for growth. Alongside the DAF’s contribution to positive social and ecological impact, the VP will be able to attract further investment into RSF’s Social Investment Fund for those also seeking a financial return. While attracting new donors and investors, the VP will also ensure that the organization’s existing clients continue to receive superior service so as to bolster indispensable relationships. RSF’s integrated capital approach creates an attractive blend of offerings around which to weave a story, and the VP of Client Development will be the right hand to the CEO in communicating this and representing RSF externally.
Relationship Management and Business Development (70%)
Develop and lead the client engagement, fundraising, and business development strategy for RSF’s assets under management, including Donor Advised Funds, Social Investment Fund, and Collaboratives
Build long-term client relationships and grow the diversity of RSFs client roster; serve as relationship manager for a portfolio of clients and prospective clients, focusing on:
Individual investors and donors
Foundations and other values-aligned institutional investors and donors
Achieve fundraising and business development goals for RSF’s funds, and oversee the generation of revenue from RSF’s services and assets under management
Serve as key ambassador for RSF’s work and further RSF’s relationship-based approach; represent RSF at events and conferences, and raise RSF’s profile through speaking engagements, PR, and field leadership
Client Services (20%)
– Ensure excellent, timely and efficient client service for investors, donors, and grantees
– Supervise and coach the client services departments (Philanthropic Services grants management and Social Investment Fund teams)
– Assess and recommend infrastructure, process, and capacity improvements by working closely with the Finance, Accounting, and Systems departments
Executive Leadership (10%)
– As a member of RSF’s Executive Team, contribute to organizational vision and strategy
– Attract and retain talent; lead with clarity and compassion; coach and mentor direct reports and staff members within the department
– Contribute to a vibrant, client-focused, and collaborative organizational culture
– 10+ years of experience in relationship management, fundraising, and/or business development
– Financially savvy, understands financial services and financial instruments
– Passionate about associative/stakeholder economics and participatory grantmaking
– Proven ability to lead teams and manage client-facing business processes
– Collaborative leader and culture carrier, committed to diversity and inclusion
– Appreciates and invites reflection and mindfulness as an element of RSFs culture and community
– Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform RSF’s work
– May be located anywhere in the US, provided the VP attends meetings in the Bay Area and client meetings anywhere in the US as required
– Must be able to work during RSF’s during regular Pacific Time office hours as set forth in RSF’s Employee Manual
– Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
– Must be able to travel extensively
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, or sexual orientation. As an equal opportunity employer that values the organizational benefits of a diverse staff, RSF is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people with a variety of backgrounds and attributes.
RSF Social Finance has retained Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, to support this search. In order to apply, please submit a current resume and thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest and outlines your relevant skills and experience HERE.
Please refrain from contacting RSF directly. All inquiries should be directed to Schaffer&Combs at RSF@schaffercombs.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.