Vice President of Technology
- ImpactUs Marketplace LLC
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Contact Information
ImpactUs Marketplace LLC Seeks:
Vice President of Technology
Who is ImpactUs?
ImpactUs Marketplace helps connect investors with mission-driven institutions in the U.S. and around the globe who are working to improve their communities through sustainable agriculture, microfinance, and/or facilitating access to affordable basic services including housing, healthcare, and education. By leveraging financial technology ImpactUs makes it easy to invest in the work of these institutions, offering the potential for financial returns with a purpose. Investors and their advisors can source, evaluate, transact, and monitor impact investments with a wide variety of risk and return profiles — at no cost — all in a secure, reliable, online environment.
The firm and associates value: integrity, resourcefulness, results, civic engagement, transparency, diversity, collaboration, and excellence. Inspired by a history of cross-sector collaboration, led by highly experienced staff, and built on leading technologies, the online marketplace will expand impact investing opportunities, simplify investment processes, increase efficiency, and lower transactions costs. We believe that the application of technology, policy, and innovation can unlock a powerful new stream of investment into the long-standing challenges and emerging opportunities in the financial and social sectors.
ImpactUs hired three highly experienced staff members in 2015 and expanded with the support of an estimated 5 consultants and several third party contracts to help build The Marketplace business, platform, and operations. The VP will lead the innovation, development, deployment and maintenance of not only the Marketplace platform but also the supporting technologies required to meet broker dealer regulatory activities. By nature of the business, we expect that the VP will be or will soon become a leader within that fast changing FinTech space.
The VP Technology, will lead all software development teams responsible for delivering ImpactUs’ core cloud/mobile/social/data science products, related applications, software, data systems, tools, security requirements and market facing product. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and strategic thinker with the ability to execute efficiently and rapidly on plans in order to support the corporate vision and goals. This position will be responsible for corporate, product and platform systems creation, development-of and adherence-to the software, applications and data architecture needed to support the core investment and broker dealer business today. This position will also lead all future cloud/mobile/social/data science technology decisions and architecture strategies to be responsive, cost efficient, feature and service rich. This position will be responsible for maintaining strong working relationships with peers and business partners to collectively produce state of the art technology solutions that drive measureable profit and mission improvements/effectiveness.
• Create, lead and oversee the development and execution of:
o The ImpactUs technology strategy, roadmap, production and maintenance that advances technology as a key competitive marketplace advantage.
o Industry collaboration and growth strategy that allows the Impact industry to scale for all stakeholders (i.e. Investors, Issuers, Advisors, Consultants, etc.)
o Architecture, development, delivery and maintenance of all internal and third party business operations support systems and tools.
o Architecture, development, delivery and maintenance of corporate systems and tools
o Architecture, development, delivery and maintenance of business intelligence, data warehouse and data management systems and tools.
• Direct team(s) responsible for the current development and maintenance of front and back end applications based on a variety of technologies including HTML5, Java Script, Scala, Postgress QL, Angular JS, Cloud-based and similar technologies
• Responsible for the understanding and oversight and adherence to the software, applications and data architecture and development processes and SDLC\’s.
• Implement industry best practices in cyber security, regulatory compliance and risk management protocols to ensure security of proprietary stakeholder and personally identifiable information (PII) within a broker-dealer and cloud based Marketplace context.
• Develop and oversee budgets and significant vendor management relationships
• Responsible for all QA and QC protocols and deliverables.
• Develop and maintain excellent relations with colleagues in marketing, compliance, operations, due diligence, external developers and third party partners that will ultimately drive high quality end-user support, customer satisfaction and outstanding user experiences.
• Leads the successful delivery of production quality systems that best balance the collective business, internal and external client needs
• Lead or oversee the management of internal or external Agile processes leading to on time and on budget delivery of production quality systems, software and other relevant technologies while balancing stakeholder needs.
• Guide and mentor the team, providing technology leadership and education to ensure that all team-members are current with technologies relevant to their jobs today and for the future.
• Ensure that the team incorporates and exhibits attention to best practices and adheres to sound software engineering principles
• Ensure that team members have sufficient skills to meet demands of their jobs. Where shortcomings exist, develop and implement training plans to ensure team has appropriate skill sets.
• Create and maintain relationships and production of technology vendors, partners, service providers and partners located domestically or off-shore.
• Ensure regulatory compliant systems, archives, back-ups and protocols including business recovery plans and executions.
• Demonstrated product ownership and project management skills and capabilities.
• Strong architectural, analysis, design and engineering knowledge and skills
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous assignments.
• Familiarity with a variety of technologies including HTML5, Java Script, Scala, Postgress QL, Angular JS, Cloud-based and similar technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high quality deliverables on time, within budget from both internal and external technology partners.
• Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Strong process documentation and contract negotiation skills.
• Ability to rapidly acquire and monitor industry developments in web, cloud, security, database, money movement, CRM technologies for appropriate application within the ImpactUs Marketplace business.
• Demonstrated management or oversight skills, with a proven track record of organizing and mentoring key individuals to form high-functioning team environment.
• Strong understanding and use of project management skills and tools to facilitate agile or other development approach and consistent delivery of timely updates.
Education / Experience:
• Advanced degree in either Engineering or Computer Science.
• 10+ years experience in the development, delivery and maintenance of mission critical systems including a blend of:
o 5+ years of experience in the investment management industry
o 3+ years experience as product owner or significant responsibility for development, delivery and maintenance of web based product, applications, cloud/mobile/social/data science and/or software systems.
o 3 years experience in the development, delivery, maintenance of and migration to Cloud-based or customized solutions (e.g., Force.com)
o 3+ years familiarity with financial portals, peer-to-peer lending, B2B and B2C on-line brokerage or advisor support technology strategies.
• Experience in the development, delivery and maintenance of business intelligence and data warehouse systems.
• Experience with Agile development methodology required.
• Solid understanding of object oriented development practices, with experience in Java, and or C#. and .NET
• Experience managing off-shore development, design and QA teams a plus
• Familiarity with web based broker dealer and/or Title III/crowdfunding portal requirements, technologies, user experiences and potential partners, a plus.
• Duties are performed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative office environment
• Minimal travel anticipated
• Initial office in Washington, DC
ImpactUs is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity as a guiding principle as well as an investment concept. Interested and qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.