Virtual Opportunity: Social Impact & Career Growth Fellowship — Join from anywhere
- Moving Worlds
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Our next virtual cohort will kick off in May 2022, and applications close on April 30 – Learn more and apply here: https://bit.ly/NextBillionMay22
- Where to Apply
Recovery from the COVID-19 crisis offers an unprecedented opportunity to build a more equitable, just, and sustainable global system. To make that a reality, the world needs your unique talents and strengths now more than ever. Apply to our virtual career acceleration program to make 2022 the year you take action towards your career goals — whether you’re staying with your current role or looking for a new one.
The MovingWorlds Institute Global Fellowship program is for professionals looking to find more purpose in their work and make a positive impact with their careers. Whether you’re searching for a more meaningful job, interested in starting your own social enterprise, or currently at a career crossroads, the Global Fellowship program provides the tools, hands-on experience, and network needed to achieve your goals. The virtual programming is customizable for your unique goals and lifestyle and is easily combined with a full-time job.
The 6-month program kicks off with a virtual training weekend, where you’ll explore your personal and professional drivers, develop skills in design thinking and social entrepreneurship, and meet the other changemakers in your cohort. You’ll leave the weekend with new friends, insights, and an individualized action plan for using the next 6 months to accelerate your social good career.
Throughout the Fellowship — designed to support you regardless of where you are located — you’ll stay engaged with weekly coaching calls, monthly webinars with industry leaders, and case-based learning projects. With additional reading and reflection assignments, you’ll be able to deepen your understanding of social impact frameworks like human-centered design, behavioral economics, systems mapping, and more. Unlike in a traditional curriculum-based program, you’ll then gain hands-on experience applying what you’ve learned to a real social impact project that builds on your strengths while challenging you to grow. At every step, you’ll have the support of coaches, mentors, and peers to help leverage your experience to reach your career goals.
By the end of the Fellowship, you’ll have developed the skills, network, and confidence to take your career to the next level. Best of all, even as an alumnus, you’ll be part of an inspiring group of Fellows from around the world supporting each other to create a lifetime of impact!
Over the course of the 6-month Fellowship, you will…
– Receive ongoing coaching and support.
– Receive mentorship to help you build your network and develop your skills.
– Engage in weekly discussions and design-thinking workshops in our online community.
– Join monthly webinars with industry leaders and emerging social innovators.
– Work with your accountability partners to complete your learning, discovery, and networking goals.
– Find, plan, and complete a social impact project that builds on your strengths while stretching you to grow (bring your own or use our global network)
– Read, watch, and listen to curated content that aligns with your learning goals.
– Get personalized feedback on designing and achieving your purpose-driven impact career.
– Receive guidance on telling your professional story and showcasing your international experience on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
– Develop your own capstone project that you can use to enhance your resume and portfolio.