VP Finance & HR
- Burn Manufacturing Company
- Kampala, Dar es Salaam
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 200,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are looking for two people to join the team and drive the sales expansion into Tanzania and Uganda. These people need to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. They will be key members of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales for East Africa.
• Strategy: Develop and present the country’s Sales and Marketing strategy.
• Management: Manage 20 person Sales and Activation Team
• Business Development: Develop new sales channels.
• Account Management: Manage existing distributor relationships / customer accounts and develops new ones.
• Marketing: Working with our VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing, develop innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through retail, MFI, distributor and corporate channels
• Forecasting: Assist in sales forecasting; develop and track the budget for country sales and marketing.
• Reporting: Produce monthly reports for the senior management team and Board of Directors highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth.
• New Product Development: Advise the product design team with respect to new product development and market needs and wants.