VP Finance & HR
- Burn Manufacturing Company
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Fellowship, with possibility of long term
- Where to Apply
BURN designs, locally manufactures, and distributes aspirational high quality fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in Kenya. BURN is seeking and independent and highly motivated Visual Designer to join its growing team in Kenya.
We are seeking an in-house graphic designer to lead graphic design work for our brand. This includes packaging, internal communication, above the line marketing, printed materials, and more. The right candidate will have excellent design skills; be able to offer creative direction and ideas; is proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. We are not only looking for a good technician, but also a creative who understands the BURN aesthetic. You will be the sole designer on the team. We are seeking someone who can take ideas from engineers and sales execs and turn it into beautiful brand art. You should have an understanding of cutting edge international design. This role is for a minimum of 6 months.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be the lead creative and designer on our team. WOW us with your creative abilities.
- Design billboards, brochures, posters, packaging, bumper stickers, print ads, and more.
- Design internal communications, templates for presentations, newsletters, and factory signage.
- Help maintain and modify updates on company web site.
- Liaise with printers on production and take the lead on press checks.
- Carry out additional graphic design work on an as needed basis.
- Assist in motion graphics when needed.
- Either college degree in graphic design or, degree in other subject and at least 2 year’s graphic design work experience
- A comprehensive portfolio of past work, ideally some for consumer goods products
- Experience designing media pieces for above-the-line-marketing would be helpful, but not required
- Be aligned with the mission of BURN and what we’re trying to do.
- Although not essential, preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Website design and management.
- Monthly stipend of $2,000
- Return flight and accommodation in Kenya provided