VP of Business Development
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Applications may be done through the link https://www.fuzu.com/kenya/jobs/vp-of-business-development-sanivation-044d7d2a or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to Apply
|Role: VP of Business Development Lead by: CEO
• Sanivation has been working in East Africa for the past 7 years developing an innovative sanitation model to the meet the needs of local governments. The company is currently in 8 cities and has robust product offerings
• Sanivation’s work has been featured by World Bank, Kenya National Government, IFC, World Economic Forum
• Currently recruiting for a VP of Business Development to oversee business development and coordinate revenue generation teams. Previously this work was led by the CEO.Role Overview
The VP of Business Development will lead Sanivation’s Business Development Division. This role will mainly be responsible for managing and overseeing a division of 10 people across capture management, local government account management, project development, and reuse sales to secure opportunities across the following revenue streams:
1. Infrastructure Development: identifying and securing opportunities for profitably developing, designing, building, and operating sanitation infrastructure across Africa
2. Reuse Sales: identifying, securing, and negotiating multi-year offtake contracts for biomass fuel sales with large scale industries
3. Consulting: identifying and securing opportunities to undertake consulting and feasibility work across the waste management markets
4. Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC): identifying and securing opportunities for Sanivation to generate revenue through executing sanitation projects for clientsEach of these segments already has teams in place at Sanivation, to varying degrees of maturity. You will be responsible for coordinating all teams. In addition, you will have responsibility for an aggregated annual revenue target and will be expected to think strategically and long-term, as well as tactically and near-term. You will be responsible for immediate revenue targets as well as coaching a strong team already in place.
Locations: This role can be based in Naivasha (HQ) or Nairobi, Kenya.Experience Required
• 4+ years leading a company’s B2B or B2G sales process, managing a sales pipeline of greater than $40M
• 4+ years’ experience with a mid to senior level role at a company that does infrastructure development
• 4+ years of experience leading or overseeing a tender or RFP process for opportunities >$5M
• Demonstrated skills managing strong, high-quality proposals for World Bank, USAID, AFD or other development banks
• Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and external clients from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated success managing/mentoring/guiding a team. Adept at providing guidance to direct reports and team members to resolve problems and overcome obstacles.
• Ability to lead and manage in matrixed structure, working collaboratively and effectively across business units, departments, functions, and teams.
• Strong analytical and commercial experience
• Strategic planning: With CEO, owning and delivering on the organization’s growth strategy. Developing and managing to sales forecasts across multiple divisions of the company and sufficient to meet annual targets and high quality. Facilitate regular pipeline, opportunity and business planning reviews.