Wamda Research Lab
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Founded in 2010, Wamda is the go-to platform for entrepreneurship in the MENA region. It has three major arms media, community programs and research lab and implements programs throughout the region with entrepreneurs, investors, corporations and governments.
Wamda is looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Wamda Research Lab (WRL – research.wamda.com). The WRL is the first and leading research program focusing on entrepreneurship development in MENA. It also serves as the knowledge hub of Wamda, supporting other programs in research efforts and tracking company impact. As a Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the program\’s research and operational processes as well as managing and recruiting for the WRL team.
Most importantly, you will be integral to shaping Wamda’s culture and mission with other program Directors. Wamda is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs across MENA and you would be playing a critical role in meeting the company’s objectives.
– Develop and oversee implementation of WRL research agenda
– Author research reports for WRL and Wamda\’s research partners
– Lead technical segments of Wamda advisory projects
– Manage WRL\’s team, partnerships and memberships in research consortiums
– Lead impact measurement of Wamda\’s programs
– 5+ years of experience with previous work in a leadership capacity, preferably with a focus on strategy consulting or research at a think tank or similar institution
– Exceptional analytical, written, communication, and presentation skills
– Demonstrated track record working with data including data collection and analysis
– Proven track record of publication and thought leadership development, particularly within the field of entrepreneurship, economic, investment or SME development
– Knowledge of research design and survey work
– Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for research
– Experience working in emerging/developing markets is a big plus
– Experience in data analytics is a big plus
– Ability to travel occasionally in and outside of the region required
– Fluency in English is required, fluency or high proficiency in Arabic is a big plus
What it’s like to work at Wamda: We are a small team of passionate individuals. Most of us have been entrepreneurs so we constantly roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty and we love it. We constantly strive to create a solid entrepreneurship ecosystem and obsess about adding value directly to the entrepreneurs, but most importantly we love what we do and we don\’t even call it work.
Location: Amman, Jordan or Beirut, Lebanon. Dubai, UAE could also be an option
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis