- Bali, Indonesia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Writer will be responsible for authoring and publishing articles, publications, opinion and thought leadership pieces in prominent international development and business outlets on behalf of Kopernik. We are looking for an experienced development sector professional with a passion for writing and ability to engage in current conversations and relevant forums to promote and support Kopernik’s work and expertise among peer organisations and professionals.
This is a part-time (32hrs per week) position, open to both Indonesian nationals and international applicants.
– Qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, International Development or another relevant field.
– Minimum of 5 years work experience in International Development.
– Clear and concise communicator with extensive experience in writing on development sector issues and topics.
– Highly developed written communication skills in English. Indonesian language skills a bonus.
– Highly developed research, analytical and critical thinking ability – able to craft engaging and relevant written pieces supported by evidence and data.
– Ability to continually develop, pitch and execute fresh and relevant content ideas in alignment with communications objectives and plans.
– Ability to produce deliverables that require only minimal editing.
– Ability to read, analyse, and interpret project documentation, business reports, news, journal articles and other media, and apply this knowledge to writing.
– A strong interest in staying up-to-date with the latest conversations, trends and practices in international development.
– Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and engage colleagues and external partners in content production.
– Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently, with minimal instruction and oversight and to tight deadlines.
– Willingness to travel to project sites or attend events, capturing compelling stories.
– A commitment to Kopernik’s culture and values in reaching underserved communities.
>>Research and Writing
– Develops well-written and well-researched content that provides thought leadership for a variety of relevant publications in the academic, development and business sectors.
– Writes Kopernik self-published pieces.
– Researches and analyses relevant development sector and business publications and applies this knowledge to content development.
– Writes and pitches articles and opinion pieces to media and other external publications to widen Kopernik’s reach within the development and business sectors.
– Provides English language editing support to the Kopernik team.
– Travels to project sites or to events to gather content, as needed.
>>Strategy and Innovation
– Work closely with Communications and Leadership Team members to develop, pitch and write articles, opinion pieces, journal articles, publications that align with overall organisational objectives and strategies, and editorial planning timelines.
– Constantly monitor international development sector publications to identify relevant topics and conversations related to Kopernik’s work and expertise.
– Actively look for new opportunities to profile Kopernik’s work and expand our audience.
– Actively develop and implement new strategies and ideas for engaging targeted audiences and meeting communications team objectives.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter why you\’re perfect for the job and 3 relevant writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission – different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.