Youth Program Specialist
- International Executive Service Corps
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries – mainly with the generous support of USAID – designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking a Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Lebanon Investing in Finance and Entrepreneurship (LIFE). LIFE will be a microfinance project, likely focused on job creation and entrepreneurship. This position will be full-time and will be based in Beirut.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all youth entrepreneurship and finance activities;
- Develop youth strategies that align with program goals of greater participation in business, economic activities, and higher levels of employment and income;
- Ensure program activities’ design and development address needs of youth as well as other stakeholder and beneficiary interests;
- Ensure that training opportunities are accessible to youth;
- Work closely with local partners, such as NGOs, incubators, and youth-led organizations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports, work-plans, and success stories as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, or similar required; advanced degree strongly preferred;
- Minimum five years of experience in programming for youth livelihoods development, in an international development context;
- Background in youth issues related to employment, business start-ups and ownership , and entrepreneurship in Lebanon or similar environment , particularly for young women and girls ;
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection and analysis;
- Experience in the design of youth-focused financial products preferred, including savings, credit, and digital finance/mobile banking;
- Experience working on USAID and other donor funded projects strongly preferred;
- Experience working in Lebanon required and local hire preferred;
- English and Arabic fluency required; proficiency in French preferred.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Visit the IESC website to apply: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&c…