About the Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact
The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact (F. M. Kirby Impact Prize) is an annual global prize of $100,000 USD in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
The F. M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises, working anywhere in the world, that meet the following criteria:
- Any nonprofit or for-profit social enterprise working anywhere in the world
- Enterprise has strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and has a plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years
- The enterprise has a robust non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, and disability
- Has exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration and diversity
How to Apply
- Complete our eligibility questionnaire.
- Create an account to apply.
- Watch our short video to learn how to articulate your strategy to investors and create a strong application.
- Submit your application by September 30, 2020.
Please note that this is the award’s pilot year. These dates may be subject to change:
- August 10, 2020 – Application Portal Opens
- September 30, 2020 at 11:59PM EST – Application Deadline; There are no exceptions to this deadline.
- October 1, 2020 – October 30, 2020 – Application Review; Selection committee comprised of CASE faculty, staff and selected advisors.
- November 10, 2020 – November 24, 2020 – Semi-finalist virtual interviews
- December 21, 2020 – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner notified
- February 24, 2021 – F. M. Kirby Impact Prize winner publicly announced at the Fuqua Sustainable Business & Social Impact Conference
Virtual Information Sessions
Please click on the links below to register for the virtual information sessions. Upon registration, you will receive an email with login information for the webinar.
This year, join us at SOCAP Virtual: A Global Impact Summit, the leading virtual gathering of global changemakers addressing the world’s toughest challenges through market-based solutions.
- Democratize content more than ever before. SOCAP Open launches next week! Stay tuned for themes and get ready to submit your ideas. Your imagination is truly the limit on session formats. Check out our virtual event formats for ideas.
- Smaller virtual events and formats will allow you to really dig into a theme by having access to live and recorded content before, during, and after the main event.
- The SOCAP Social Entrepreneur Scholarship application process will open in June. Be inspired and learn from enterprises around the world.
- Connect, radically collaborate, and catalyze with many of the leading organizations in the impact investing community, mission-driven companies, and corporations seeking to move the needle and inspire greater investment in positive impact.
- Participate with innovators, thought leaders, businesses, and investors from around the world in connection opportunities ranging from intimate fireside chats to virtual workshops.
- Join the Digital Pavilion with interactive sponsor booths and a robust marketplace.
- Networking opportunities in one-on-one and small meeting formats, hosted by a partner or on your own.
- Local watch parties. Our hope is that by this fall we will be able to gather in smaller groups. Activate and mobilize local impact ecosystems by beaming SOCAP Virtual to your community. Updates with details and opportunities coming soon.