- Mercado Global
- Panajachel, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Flexible, preferably in Panajachel, Guatemala
The Development Associate serves as the team’s primary support, helping Mercado Global reach its fundraising goals and marketing benchmarks. The position reports into and works closely with the organization’s Director of Development. This role is responsible for providing crucial support in donor management, database management, marketing and campaigns, and development operations.
Mercado Global seeks a Development Associate who is enthusiastic about the opportunity to help expand a cutting-edge model for fighting poverty and empowering women in rural Latin America. They should have strong self-initiative and leadership capabilities, interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, excitement for learning the ins and outs of development and marketing, and a passion for our mission and work.
This position provides fundraising and communications enthusiasts with the opportunity to work with our network of donors, our talented team in Guatemala, and the Indigenous women we serve. This position is ideally based at our field office in Panajachel, Guatemala, but remote work is possible. This position reports directly to the Director of Development, who is based in New York City.
– Supporting logistics and coordination for corporate and individual events.
– Managing sponsors and in-kind donors as assigned.
– Managing logistics and support for Fiesta in partnership with committee members.
– Managing logistics and support for Fashion Forward in partnership with committee members.
Corporate/foundation partner mask sales and product orders:
– Managing logistics of securing orders in partnership with operations team.
– Leading prospecting efforts for institutional partners.
– Managing grant supplements folder on Box.
– Managing artisan and supporter story library.
– Drafting communications for development team members.
– Overseeing all Salesforce data entry for individuals and institutions.
– Entering data in Salesforce.
– Creating reports to support fundraising projections.
– Leading acknowledgement letter creation.
– Managing logistics for board committees.
– Managing scheduling and calendars for development team.
– Leading recruitment efforts and hiring for staff, fellow, and intern positions.
– Overseeing intern program.
– Leading project management for team.
– A bachelor’s degree.
– Demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously.
– Excellent planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
– Attention to detail and commitment to top-quality, self-driven work.
– Flexibility, drive, sense of humor, and desire to live outside the U.S.
– Ability to work in a team setting and communicate effectively. Must be able to receive and incorporate feedback.
– Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of SalesForce (or other CRM) a plus.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
– Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish preferred.
– Enthusiasm for Mercado Global’s mission.
– Excited to learn about nonprofit development and marketing.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Brice Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.