Executive Assistant to the CEO
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Executive Assistant works to support to the CEO under the supervision of the Manager, Executive Office. S/he acts as a liaison between the CEO and internal & external stakeholders to amplify the CEO’s productivity. This position requires a dynamic individual who excels in a fast-paced administrative support capacity and who is comfortable working with a variety of high-level constituencies. This person plays an important role in enhancing the CEO’s effectiveness by providing information management, clerical support, and strategic planning to increase efficiency. S/he should possess strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities. Additional responsibilities include varied administrative support to the Executive Leadership Team.
Mission and History of Root Capital
Root Capital is a nonprofit social investment fund whose mission is to grow rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa, Latin America, and Asia by lending capital, delivering financial training and strengthening market connections for small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital clients include associations and private businesses that help create sustainable livelihoods by aggregating the products of hundreds, and often thousands, of farmers. Since our launch in 1999, we have provided more than $900 million in credit to over 600 small and growing agricultural businesses. Root Capital envision a thriving financial market serving agricultural businesses that generate long-term social, economic, and environmental sustainability for small-scale farmers and their communities around the world. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Root Capital currently has associated offices in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Senegal, and Kenya.
1. CEO Schedule Management
a. Manage complex CEO calendar of internal and external meetings.
b. Evaluate and gate-keep individual meeting requests, delegating to other team members when appropriate.
c. Anticipate CEO needs, sourcing and providing necessary background materials, meeting information and necessary documents for scheduled appointments and ensuring follow up on action items such as logging meeting notes when needed.
d. Ensuring CEO personal family obligations are captured and highlighted.
2. CEO Travel Arrangements
a. Organize and book all local, domestic, and international travel for CEO, including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, and visa procurement.
b. Coordinate CEO logistics for speaking events and conferences.
c. Prepare and organize itineraries and essential support materials prior to travel.
3. CEO Correspondence
a. Screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing CEO correspondence (email, mail, and phone) to ensure the CEO maintains highest levels of productivity.
b. Act as first filter of CEO email, delegating, redirecting and/or composing responses to inquiries where appropriate.
4. Executive Office Support and Strategy
a. Attend daily check-in meetings with CEO and Manager to determine administrative and organizational support priorities.
b. Help to manage and maintain complex network of CEO contacts and stakeholders, including donors, investors, global staff, and members of the Board of Directors.
c. Ensure CEO effectiveness by assisting in prioritization and determining when his attendance is and is not needed.
d. Maintain CEO file organization (hard and electronic files).
e. Update contact records across all CEO platforms (Salesforce, Google, iPhone).
f. Manage Executive Office supplies and equipment, including computers and mobile devices.
g. Set up AV and virtual presentations for conference calls and web meetings.
6. Executive Leadership Team Support
a. Process Executive Leadership Team expense reports.
b. Book travel arrangements for Executive Leadership Team.
c. Provide additional support as needed (visas, meal reservations, calendar management, AV set up).
7. Social Media Management
a. Assist in sourcing and creating content for CEO social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn) under guidance of Executive Office Manager and Communications Team.
b. Assist in screening social network requests.
c. Monitoring social media activity during CEO speaking engagements.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
– Bachelor’s degree
– 2-4 years professional experience in an office administration or executive support role
– Exceptional organizational skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
– Proven ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and adapt to a dynamically changing environment
– Effective communication skills with excellent writing and editing abilities, primarily for high level email communication
– Proactive approach to problem-solving with demonstrated decision-making capabilities
– Comfort with AV equipment and minor technology troubleshooting
– Skilled in MS Office platforms – Word, Excel, Powerpoint (required); Google platforms – email, calendar, contacts, file management (strongly preferred); Salesforce (preferred); social media in professional setting (preferred)
– Enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural environment; Spanish and/or French proficiency a bonus
– Demonstrated interest in Root Capital’s work and the areas of agricultural finance, impact investing, and international development are preferred but not required
– Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and discretion is required; positive attitude, upbeat personality, and a sense of humor are encouraged!
Applications and Nominations
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Please type “EO” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “EO – Smith, John”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
Root Capital is an equal opportunity employer.