- Where to Apply
Angaza builds technology to solve global energy poverty: we enable financing of solar energy solutions for off-grid consumers. To do so, Angaza develops a mix of custom hardware and software for some of the most demanding and dynamic markets in the world. We are a for-profit company, based in California and Kenya, that aims market forces at the linked challenges of climate change and global development.
We are seeking an office manager to make the Angaza San Francisco office a place where everyone wants to work by ensuring that all aspects of office operations run smoothly. This is a fast-paced role designed for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and excited to work with all team members across our early stage start-up. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can juggle more traditional administrative activities (e.g. office management and HR) with project work in support of our team leads.
This is a half-time position (20 hours per week, paid hourly) with the potential to grow in hours and scope as the company grows. Exact days and times are flexible.
* Keep the office fully stocked with supplies and snacks based on budget provided; select and manage vendors as needed
* Oversee general maintenance and upkeep of the office; select and manage vendors as needed; act as primary contact and liaison with our sub-landlord, fellow sub-tenant, and building manager
* Create a clean and inviting office environment
* Handle incoming mail and process outgoing shipments
* Support hiring managers by scheduling interviews and screening resumes
* Manage new employee on-boarding; make sure each employee has an excellent first day, week, and month
* Plan team social events
* Basic accounting via Quickbooks; enter invoices, credit card and bank transactions
* Invoice generation and quality assurance
* Process employee expense reports
* Executive assistance, including booking travel and scheduling
* Support team members with special projects as needed
* Are reliable. You do what you say you’re going to do when you say you’re going to do it.
* Are proactive. You see what needs to be done and jump in to make it happen; you don’t need to be told what to do.
* Are so organized that you never miss a detail in spite of your constant multi-tasking.
* Have 0-2 years of administrative, hospitality, or office management experience.
* Can anticipate the needs of others.
* Are always looking to improve how something can be done.
* Are are a quick learner and search for your own answers.
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Can handle sensitive information with discretion.
* Thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software
* Start-up experience
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Angaza Office Manager – YOURNAME.” Due to application volume, we will only be able to follow up with the most promising candidates. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. We plan to fill this position quickly, with a start date as soon as possible.
This position reports to Angaza’s Director of Operations in San Francisco, CA.