- Impact Hub GmbH
- Impact Hub cities, with a preference for technology & media innovation hotspots (including but not limited to Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Seattle and San Francisco)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About Impact Hub Global
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. In the past 10 years we grew from 1 to 80+ Impact Hubs, adding over 15 new locations in the last 12 months alone. Our locally rooted, globally connected network includes a 15,000+ strong community of people committed to taking entrepreneurial action for measurable positive impact on the world’s most pressing issues.
Started in 2005 in London, we have now become a connected network spanning the globe. From Amsterdam to Johannesburg, Singapore to San Francisco – we provide access to physical work & event spaces, resources, connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact.
The Technical Director Opportunity
The Impact Hub Company is seeking a talented individual to be responsible for our global technology strategy, deployment, and support across several business units and geographies. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to have a positive impact on society while also tackling challenging technology problems. As a member of the Global Team you will work to serve our members, are expected to think big, and to take head-on some of the network’s most complex technology problems.
This person will work across multiple domains and be responsible for overall technology operations, data integration, digital services, as well as maintenance and upgrades. The right candidate will have a strong technical background, business acumen and collaboration skills. Practical experience with systems architecture, software selection, and running agile teams are a must. The ideal candidate will have experience operating in or knowledge of progressive governance models (holacracy) and emergent leadership and “management” systems.
At Impact Hub, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Now, we need to strengthen our global technology operations to enable those connections in a digital world.
-Responsible and accountable to drive and implement the technology strategy that connects our global members and hubs for organizational effectiveness.
– Works across the organization to ensure technology continuity and consistency in strategic decision-making, software selections, and implementation processes
– Provides senior guidance and support to project teams that span network support, internal global operations, marketing, and global membership.
– Lead the development and implementation of Impact Hub’s technology roadmap and prepare it to scale to serve more than 2000 internal users and more than 50,000 external users .
– Develop and manage budgets aligned to the technology roadmap
– Lead and/or support vendor selection processes including contributions to RFPs, SOWs, and deliverables management
– Familiarity with agile development and other common development methodologies. This work may frequently be done in conjunction with outside vendors
– Working with internal operations, support harmonizing the variety of operational systems across the network
– Drive and support quality standards that align with the strategies across the organization
– Engage key stakeholders, customers, vendors, and the public as appropriate
– Work with the 85+ Impact Hubs globally to integrate, centralize or distribute technology solutions as appropriate to the strategy
– Accountable to ensure ongoing technology offerings to the network for business functions
– Assist in driving change management initiatives as appropriate
– Work with a small team focused on designing and building a global membership experience that includes significant technology implementations
– Provide guidance on a scalable software solution for a new membership platform designed to connect the 15,000+ members, including backend integration that ties to local Impact Hubs
– Determine appropriate software solutions for members traveling between Impact Hubs
– Identify and map ideal data integrations across membership products
Experience and Skills
– 7+ years of technology leadership in organizations of $1mm+ gross revenue
– A proven record of successfully driving operational performance through the effective delivery of software solutions
– A motivational leadership style that appropriately balances servant leadership and direct agency in line with Impact Hub network values of trust, collaboration and courage.
– Comprehensive understanding of different IT platforms and the ability to select the appropriate tool for the the strategic business need
– Ability to operate in a complex, virtual, multi-stakeholder environment
– A proven record in managing technical teams, engineers and third party vendors in the development and deployment of quickly adopted technology.
– Experience working in different global cities and business cultures, with a sophisticated, curious, and fun approach to collaboration across time zones, languages, and cultures.
– Flexible workstyle, ability to deal with ambiguity and be self-directed is a must.
– Familiarity with Holoacracy or other self-governing business models is a plus.
– Knowledge and experience of the social economy sector and a high level understanding of sector trends, approaches, threats and opportunities.
– Hands on experience coding in more than one language is desirable
– University education in engineering or computer science is desirable, a graduate level degree is a plus .
– Familiarity with information and network security and risk management
– Experience with day-to-day operations of high-traffic websites
Full-time; 25 days of holidays + public holidays as per country of residence; Impact Hub membership provided.
Impact Hub cities, with a preference for technology & media innovation hotspots (including but not limited to Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Seattle and San Francisco)
Base salary commensurate with experience;variable pay and additional allowances to be discussed and agreed within the application process.
Permanent contract with yearly performance appraisal and 3 years reappointment, 6 months trial period; 3 months notice period.
Impact Hub Company Managing Director
Please send a cover letter stating your interest and CV to jobs.techdirector@impacthub.
Please include your name and the title for this position and organization (“Your name – Technical Director”) in the subject line of your email.