Job: African Enterprise Development Specialists, CARANA Corporation
Position: Enterprise Development Specialists
Location: Africa (various countries)
Organization: CARANA Corporation, a contractor for USAID, designs and directs innovative economic growth strategies to help countries and businesses compete globally, reducing poverty and raising living standards around the world. For almost 25 years, we have specialized in market-led solutions to development challenges in more than 80 countries, packaging our expertise with on-the-ground resources for continuing, cost-effective results.
Description: CARANA has an immediate need for short and long-term Enterprise Development Specialists for current and pending projects in Africa. CARANA’s Enterprise Development initiatives in Africa emphasize value chain development and market linkage strategies, targeting industries that are trying to grow their market share in U.S., European and regional markets. These initiatives target industries that have significant potential for generating jobs and reducing poverty in the region. We have current opportunities for consultants with experience in the following areas:
- Analysis of constraints to export growth at the industry level;
- Implementation of value chain development and market linkages approaches to export-oriented enterprise development; and
- Linking export-oriented enterprise development to broader economic growth strategies, such as those focusing on infrastructure or policy constraints.
- Experience working with directly with enterprise-level clients in Africa;
- Successful cultivation of public-private partnerships;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with USAID program requirements and rules and regulations; and
- Fluency in French, or Portuguese or other African languages a plus.
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org