Job: Associate – SeaChange Capital Partners
Location: South Norwalk, CT
Organization: SeaChange Capital Partners is an entrepreneurial nonprofit finance firm established by former leaders of Goldman Sachs. Our mission is to enhance the flow of growth capital from wealthy donors to select high-performing nonprofits, to contribute to the vital long- term effort of creating more efficient financial capital markets for the social sector. We will identify nonprofits with records of measurable success and present opportunities for supporting them to a network of potential donors, including wealthy individuals, foundations, and other funders.Position Description: The Associate will support the development and execution of systems and processes for SeaChange’s work with its grantee organizations. In addition to being involved in the design of the program, s/he will identify, screen and help advise potential and current nonprofit grantees. The Associate will assist senior staff as they meet with nonprofit leaders and learn about organizations of interest to SeaChange, conduct due diligence on organizations to evaluate their potential for success, advise selected organizations about their growth plans,
and maintain ongoing relationships with grantees to ensure progress toward agreed upon milestones. In addition, the Associate will work closely with all members of the SeaChange staff on a wide variety of projects all working toward the launch of the firm’s efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative macro research and analysis of the nonprofit marketplace through interviews with nonprofit staff, experts in the field, and others
- Participate in detailed due diligence about specific nonprofit organizations, including site visits, interviews with management, staff, and clients, review of financial statements, and review of relevant research
- Conduct financial analysis, including forward-looking operating and financial projections on potential and existing grantees, prepare clear and compelling presentation materials, and present analysis and findings
- Assist with the creation of presentations for various audiences, including the SeaChange Board of Directors, staff, donors, and others
- Represent SeaChange at nonprofit and social enterprise conferences
- Participate in other special projects as required
- Two to four years of professional experience, preferably in investment banking, consulting, or a related field
- Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling skills (including experience in accounting and/or financial statement analysis)
- Excellent written and oral communication combined with organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, lead projects, meet deadlines, organize time and priorities, and work well as a member of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector and passion for our work
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact diplomatically with a variety of constituents
- Creative thinking skills, combining strong research skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into a concise format
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with drive and initiative, a strong work ethic and a ready sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; graduate degree a plus
Salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package. SeaChange is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Please email your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how your background and qualifications meet the requirements of this position and how you heard about the position, to Tom Hyland at email@example.com, with subject line “Associate.”
Note: Openings are also available for the Administrative Assistant, Director of Administration and Donor Network Director positions. Click here to learn more.