Job: Communications and Development Associate, Endeavor
Position: Communications and Development Associate
Location: New York, with potential for extensive travel
Organization: Founded in 1997, Endeavor works with High-Impact Entrepreneurs in Latin America, the Middle East, South Africa, and India. High-Impact Entrepreneurs are operating for-profit businesses with enormous growth potential. Endeavor supports these entrepreneurs by providing access to mentors, strategic advice, management talent, capital, and inspiration. In turn, these entrepreneurs create jobs and wealth in their countries. To date, Endeavor has selected 406 High-Impact Entrepreneurs running 266 companies. These entrepreneurs have created over 86,000 jobs and, in 2007, $2.51BB in revenues. It is a powerful model that Thomas Friedman has hailed as the “best anti-poverty program of all.”
One critical criterion when selecting entrepreneurs is their role-model potential. Endeavor searches for entrepreneurs whose stories will inspire others to become entrepreneurs. Endeavor works to build relationships with the press, business schools, foundations, and conferences to trumpet the stories of these entrepreneurs. For example, Endeavor Entrepreneurs have been featured in 173 business school case studies and just in the past year, Endeavor’s work has been featured in the Economist, Business Week, US News & World Report, the New York Times, and the Financial Times. Endeavor’s model has been promoted at renowned institutions such as the World Economic Forum and the Clinton Global Initiative.
As Endeavor expands, there are more stories to be written and new ways to utilize these stories. Particularly amid a global economic crisis, the inspiring, odds-defying stories of Endeavor Entrepreneurs are more important than ever. In the coming year, Endeavor plans to apply for more funds to support operations, ramp up the content on its website, launch a global blog, and participate in more speaking engagements.
Description: Communications and Development Associate
- Develop a portfolio of stories about Endeavor Entrepreneurs, the power of entrepreneurship and Endeavor’s model
- Research grant-making organizations and write grant applications for Endeavor
- Launch, develop content for, and maintain the Endeavor Global blog
- Strengthen Endeavor’s presence in the blogosphere
- Update profiles and marketing materials of Endeavor as needed
- Undertake research and write speeches for public appearances by the CEO
- Exceptionally strong English language writing skills required;
- Passion for writing: if you don’t have it, don’t bother applying!
- Technical ability to launch and maintain a cutting-edge blog
- Basic knowledge of HTML & database management systems
- Strong interest in business, entrepreneurship and/or international development
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Team-player: ability to work with a diverse team from numerous countries
- Experience living abroad is a plus
- Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or Turkish is a plus
Competitive non-profit base salary plus bonus and benefits
For more information, including how to apply, see the attached job description.