Job: Research Assistant, Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA)
Position: Research Assistant
Location: Washington, DC — USAOrganization: The Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) is an independent, member-based global industry association based in Washington, D.C., that promotes greater understanding of and a more favorable climate for private equity investing in emerging markets. EMPEA’s 185 members represent more than $400 billion in assets under management. EMPEA convenes private equity practitioners to discuss pan-emerging issues, researches key industry trends, and collaborates with national and regional venture capital associations.
EMPEA produces research and industry statistics relevant for private equity practitioners and service providers, asset managers and local and regional venture capital associations. EMPEA research is widely used as industry reference data and disseminated in the market via publications, press articles, conference or workshop content, custom research for EMPEA members and the EMPEA website.
Job Description: EMPEA seeks a Research Assistant to support an expanding in-house research program. This is a newly-created role that reports to EMPEA’s Research Director. Core responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the initial one-time migration of EMPEA’s existing database of private equity funds to a newly designed online platform.
- Maintaining the online platform on an ongoing basis by researching funds and their activities (using subscription and public sources) and updating the database.
- Soliciting participation from EMPEA’s members and the broader industry in the data collection process.
- Producing reports and analytics for both the public and EMPEA members.
The Research Assistant will contribute to EMPEA’s other research activities by:
- Assisting with the execution of member surveys and other original research initiatives.
- Supporting EMPEA’s Research Director in upgrading and maintaining EMPEA’s library of industry research (e.g., member news, surveys, reports, presentations, press) and administering the distribution of content through EMPEA’s website and news products.
- Working with the Research Director to provide as-needed analysis of trends and developments in emerging markets private equity for inclusion in EMPEA-authored articles, reports, and presentations.
The qualified candidate has 1?3 years experience or equivalent, ideally with some exposure to the financial sector and/or emerging markets. Previous experience working in a research capacity is highly desired.
For more information, and to apply, view the full description (PDF).