Job: Summer Associates, Acumen Fund
Position: Summer Associates (varied roles)
- New York, NY
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Hyderabad, India
- Nairobi, Kenya
Organization: Acumen Fund is a non-profit global venture fund that uses entrepreneurial approaches to solve the problems of global poverty. We seek to prove that small amounts of philanthropic capital, combined with large doses of business acumen, can build thriving enterprises that serve vast numbers of the poor. Our investments focus on delivering affordable, critical goods and services – like health, water, housing and energy – through innovative, market-oriented approaches.
Description: Acumen Fund seeks Summer Associates for roles in the New York, Karachi, Hyderabad and Nairobi offices. There are openings in the following offices/roles for 2009:
- Portfolio Associates – New York (2)
- Portfolio Associates – Pakistan (3-4)
- Portfolio Associates – India (2-3)
- Portfolio Associates – East Africa (3)
- Knowledge & Communications Associate – New York (1)
- Business Development and Communications Associate – Pakistan (1)
Full information, including position descriptions and instructions on how to apply, can be found on the Work with Acumen page of the Acumen Fund web site.
Application deadline is February 20, 2009.