US Operations Associate
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Contact Information
About this Role:
myAgro is seeking a self-directed and entrepreneurial young professional with a problem-solving attitude, outstanding attention to detail, and a passion for myAgro’s mission of lifting smallholder farmers out of poverty.
The core of myAgro’s work and team is in West Africa, but key business functions that support the overall health of the organization are managed from the US. myAgro is undergoing an exciting period of growth as we seek to double our reach every year. This means that the back-end systems that keep our programs running smoothly and support our team members—cross-team operational and communication tools, recruitment pipelines, HR benefits, and more—need to be developed into efficient and smooth-running systems. The US Operations Associate plays a critical role in the design and execution of these systems.
This is an ideal position for someone interested in the business and operations dimensions of an award-winning and rapidly scaling social enterprise. This is a career-track role that has the potential to develop into specialized roles in HR, finance, communications, or more, depending on the individual’s performance and interest, and the organization’s needs. This position will begin by reporting to Managing Director of Finance & Operations, with the potential to transition to a new manager as the department grows.
Recruitment & Hiring
- In coordination with the HR Manager, develop a recruitment strategy to attract a high-performing team
- Support the recruitment process: Post job applications, screen applicants, draft offer letters, etc.
HR Strategy & Operations
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the HR department at myAgro. Assist in setting goals and thinking critically about how we can craft the best employee experience possible.
- Execute pre-arrival onboarding process for all new employees
- Manage benefits tracking and implementation
Cross-team communication and operational effectiveness
- Create internal employee newsletters and communications
- Build the capacity of myAgro’s operational systems; for example, building an effective Dropbox folder structure, or streamlining cross-team data-gathering capacities
- Support other miscellaneous projects as required
- 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably in a similar role or in an early-stage organization
- Self-directed and self-disciplined attitude
- Outstanding project management and planning skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility & a sense of humor
- Passion for myAgro’s work and mission
- Proficiency in French preferred
- Compensation and benefits competitive with other early-stage social enterprises
- Flexible work schedule
Submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter at https://myagro.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mzgz?cjb_hash=O_IteJ33&apply_now=true .