Ireland Pledges €284 Million to Global Food, Agriculture & Nutrition Programs
By Sepehr Achard
- Ireland has committed to providing at least €284 million this year for global food, agriculture, and nutrition initiatives.
- The funding includes €4.2 million for the UN’s Food Systems Hub, €2.5 million for a Women’s Economic Empowerment initiative, and €2 million for the ‘Grain from Ukraine’ initiative.
- Tánaiste Micheál Martin T.D. made the announcement at a major food systems event in New York.
- The funding aims to build resilience and capacity across food, health, education, economic, and governance systems.
- Ireland will invest at least €42 million in a new joint program in Malawi over the next four years.
Photo courtesy of Bioversity International.