FREE AND OPEN TO ALL: Join Our Black History Month Roundtable
In celebration of Black History Month, February’s roundtable will feature Black leaders in various sectors of global development to share their experiences, discuss the unique challenges they face, and foster a dialogue that encourages greater inclusivity and representation in global development initiatives. This month’s edition will be open for all community members to join.
Some of the themes we will explore include:
– Systemic Barriers: Examining the hurdles that Black professionals face in entering and advancing within the global development sector.
– DEI Dynamics: Exploring the rise and backlash of diversity, equity, and inclusion, or DEI, initiatives in the United States, and their impact on global development.
– Promoting Equity: Discussing actionable steps that organizations and donors can take to foster equity, including case studies of successful initiatives.
– Navigating Race Complexities: Addressing the challenges of U.S.-centric perspectives on race in the context of global development.
– Empowering Black Leaders: Providing advice for Black professionals and their allies to promote Black leadership and representation in the global development sector.
– Building Sustainable Communities: Discussing the role of Black leadership in creating resilient and self-sustaining communities globally.
Register now to be part of this essential discussion!
Cape Town, South Africa - 3 DaysWednesday
CONNECT GLOBAL CAPITAL AND AFRICAN PROJECTS
From entrepreneurial start-ups to national scale infrastructure projects, we connect project owners with a network of global investors who fund opportunities that will accelerate Africa’s journey to a just and inclusive Green Economy.
- Aligned to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Showcasing a diverse portfolio of project opportunities
- Catalysing investment across local and international stakeholders
- Engage institutional and private investment partners