Building for India, Building for the World
India’s consumers are taking a technological and digital leap. Uneven adoption among India’s businesses has opened a digital gap and there is a need to create an ecosystem for emerging technology. As millions of people come online for the first time, a few entrepreneurs innovating for these markets are stumbling upon an interesting trend where their technologies are as relevant for the next billion as for the global market.
- Do Frontier tech companies have to be global from the get go? What is the path they could take in identifying good ideas?
- Are they solving for the next billion or the global market?
- What challenges can Indian companies expect to face when going global and how can the ecosystem help them.
- How does an Indian startup face the valuation/structuring challenge when going global? (Valued lower cause it is set up India so lower funding but growth expenses denominated in USD)
- How can the VC ecosystem help these startups go global since their tech is world class? What changes do you want to bring about in the ecosystem in your new avatar?
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM ET / 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM IST
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020