Humanitarian Energy Conference (HEC) 2022
We are happy to announce that the Humanitarian Energy Conference (HEC) is going to take place this year on Monday, 16 May 2022 in Kigali, Rwanda on the day preceding the SEforAll Forum. We encourage you to SAVE THE DATE on your calendar.
The HEC will:
- Take stock of where the humanitarian sector stands in achieving SDG7 for displaced populations and host communities.
- Provide the humanitarian energy community with an opportunity to reflect on its goals, visions, and its way of doing business.
- Enrich humanitarian energy discussions through critical and informative dialogues on the achievements and lessons learned.
- Inform and inspire development-humanitarian practitioners with wider trends in the energy access sector while connecting with refugees and displaced communities.
- Provide opportunities for deep-dive learning on electricity access and clean cooking solutions in humanitarian settings, as well as facilitated discussions on finance, technical capacity building, and inclusive policies with international partners and host governments.
The GPA Coordination Unit also intends to use the event to launch a Status Report on Humanitarian Energy, with anticipated participation from high-level officials and displaced people on how to raise ambition levels to ensure that refugees and internally displaced people are not left behind in the clean energy transition.
Location: Virtual & In-person
Date: Monday, May 16, 2022