Metrics from the Ground Up Conference 2022
Measurement is about more than just accountability. When impact metrics are integrated with financial and operational metrics they can help organizations develop better products and services, make better investment decisions, and become more efficient in achieving impact. And when evaluations support a collective learning agenda rather just a single project, they build knowledge for the entire sector. Since 2009, ANDE has regularly hosted its Metrics from the Ground Up conference, featuring discussion topics and conference themes from emerging measurement practices among our members.
In 2022, ANDE is excited to host its first in-person Metrics from the Ground Up conference in 3 years. With support from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and the Tipping Point Fund on Impact Investing (TPF), the conference will take place in Bangkok, Thailand on November 21-22, 2022.
Sample agendas from past conferences can be found below:
- 2018 Conference – Washington D.C., United States
- 2018 Conference – Nairobi, Kenya
- 2019 Conference – Merida, Mexico
- Session SubmissionsSimilar to the Annual Conference, ANDE’s Metrics from the Ground Up conference sources session submissions from the broader ecosystem. Both ANDE members and non-members are invited to submit session ideas. The deadline for submitting session ideas is Monday, October 10, 2022.
In general, the Metrics Conference has two types of sessions:
- Workshops: Workshops are longer sessions that are aimed at growing a certain skill in the participants. They are practical and have a high degree of interactivity with participants. Past workshops have included sessions on integrating gender lens in measurement or an introduction to a new type of metrics framework. Workshops are typically 1.5 hours long.
- Breakout sessions: Breakout sessions are smaller group sessions across a wide variety of topics. They can include a presentation or discussion of new tools or frameworks. Past breakout sessions have included presentations on measuring impact in agriculture, using new poverty measurement techniques, or how impact investors can validate their data. Breakout sessions are typically 1 hour long.
If you are interested in submitting a session idea, please do so down below:
- Both ANDE members and non-members are encouraged to submit session ideas. You do not need to be an ANDE member to submit a session idea or attend the conference.
- If your session idea is accepted, you will mainly oversee leading the session and putting together the content. ANDE staff will assist with logistical needs and will also review content and presentations prior to the conference.
- Sessions should be focused on impact measurement and management (IMM), metrics, or monitoring and evaluation topics. ANDE especially welcomes sessions focused on its key focus areas – gender, climate/environmental action, and decent work/economic growth.
- We will not accept session proposals that are not focused on IMM/monitoring and evaluation. Sessions that are business proposals or sales pitches will also not be accepted.
- Multiple organizations can lead a session – ANDE encourages organizations to collaborate where possible. When submitting your session idea, please disclose if you are working with other organizations to present your session.
- The conference venue will provide necessary logistical support, such as projectors or other A/V equipment.
ANDE members and non-members are welcome to attend the Metrics from the Ground Up Conference. The conference fee is inclusive of all conference programming, refreshments, and lunch. Conference fees are not inclusive of hotel lodging, other meals outside the conference, airfare, or transportation in Bangkok.
Early bird special, members: USD $100
Early bird special, nonmembers: USD $275
Early bird registration closes on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
Members: USD $150
Non-members: USD $325
Registration closes on Monday, November 14, 2022.
The registration link to the 2022 Metrics from the Ground Up Conference can be found under the main title of this event page.
Location: BANGKOK, THAILAND
Dates: November 21, 2022 - November 22, 2022